7UP’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Network Engineer jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : May 23, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- The Network Engineer’s role is to plan, direct, and coordinate the design, installation, and connectivity of computer and network systems to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT assets.
- This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing network hardware, software, and communication links.
- The Network Manager will also schedule and direct the activities of a team of network specialists to resolve end user hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Perform network design and capacity planning.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Establish service level agreements with end users.
- Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Assess, approve, and administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPSs.
- Ensure network connectivity of all workstations, administer all equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Perform server and security audits.
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
Education and Professional Requirements
- Minimum of B.Sc / HND in a related field
- Minimum of 4 years cognate experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc, troubleshooting hardware
- Certifications in MTCRE, MTCSE, MTCIPV6E, FORTIGTE NSE4, UEWA, UBRSS, MCSE. RHCSA
- Exceptional technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts, and telecommunications principles.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating needs assessments, budgets, and so on.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online