Pulse NG’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Music Reporter jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : May 25, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- Pulse is looking for a Music Reporter with a solid editorial/ journalistic background who will research, monitor, fact-check and write news stories surrounding the music industry with the Pulse audience in mind.
- You will have a knack for breaking down complex topics to make them interesting, relatable and easy to understand.
- This position is based in our Lagos office, reporting to the Director of Content.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect, verify, fact-check and analyze newsworthy information thoroughly.
- Create and deliver music-related stories (article, video and/or social posts) with the audience’s perspective in mind.
- Proofread your work to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc.
- Work on assignments and investigate news leads/tips.
- Contact, interview and research sources.
- Maintain notes and audio/video recordings.
- Collaborate with other reporters, video editors, social media managers, producers etc.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest current events in the industry by properly monitoring news, attending events and building contacts and sources for use in future stories.
- Attend events and file reports in a timely manner.
- Develop and publish weekly reviews, opinion pieces and music reports.
- Edit and/or assist in editing and proofreading stories as assigned.
- Ensure accuracy and consistency with the Pulse brand voice and adherence to the Pulse Content Framework.
- Ensure published stories are fully compliant with copyright laws and are not plagiarized.
- Actively contribute to the success of the Content team by developing story ideas, sourcing exclusive stories, and making other innovative suggestions.
- Actively identify, suggest and implement strategies to increase the readership and reach of Pulse
- Stay keyed into trends and the competitive landscape to ensure that Pulse as a media brand is always ahead of the curve.
- Abide by the core principles of journalism, the code of ethics for Nigerian journalists, and worldwide journalistic ethics and standards.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience covering/ writing news and entertainment stories about the music industry for a digital publication.
- Great networking skills to source news stories and secure interviews in the music industry
- Passion for producing exclusive stories.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and enthusiastic phone presence.
- Extremely self-motivated and diligent.
- Good knowledge of Google Workspace – docs, sheets, drive, slides, etc.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- A lot of energy, passion and enthusiasm.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online