Job title : Movement Cooperation Specialist 1
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : December 15, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Under the direct supervision of the Cooperation Coordinator, the Movement Cooperation Specialist 1 contributes to developing, refining, and implementing the delegation’s objectives for cooperation with the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (the Movement) in line with the ICRC’s Movement policies and in consultation with the Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS).
- S/he contributes to building and strengthening the operational partnership between the ICRC and the NRCS, and work closely with the ICRC operational departments coaching and guiding them to enable a conducive relationship with the NRCS.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyses and summarizes information relevant to the operational partnership between the ICRC and the NS; identifies gaps in capacity in the field especially in the relationship between the departments / SDs and the NRCS HQ and Branches and proposes solutions in line with the global or delegation policy/strategy on Movement cooperation.
- Develops the partnership skills of the ICRC operational department and NRCS Counterparts and movement partners (when relevant) and ensures that all operational staff within the ICRC are aware of the Movement’s activities in the country and that they integrate that knowledge into their plans and operational strategies.
- Advises ICRC departments on their approaches and work attitude towards their NRCS counterparts. Work on standardizing the ICRC approaches towards the NS.
- Contributes to analysing Movement dynamics and trends that impact the ICRC’s operations; advises and supports the Movement Cooperation Coordinator on issues related to coordination within the Movement; maintains a good understanding of reputational risks and potential integrity issues affecting the Movement.
- Advises and supports the delegation management and Movement Cooperation Coordinator(s) on issues related to the technical area, including in its interaction with other areas of support.
- Contributes to annual planning, PfR and MfR in close coordination with the cooperation team
- Contributes to drafting the agreements of the cooperation departments with the NRCS and other movement partners.
- Advise and support capacity building initiatives and ensure a wholistic standardized approach to the file transversally across departments.
- Support the cooperation file in two sub delegation MIU, YOL and DAT and work closely with the cooperation officers in the two sites to empower their role and coach them through the job.
- Maintain close coordination with the cooperation coordinator in all matter
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- 6 to 9 years work experience in a field relevant to Movement Cooperation (within or outside the ICRC)
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience as Movement Cooperation Officer or international work experience with the ICRC or any other Movement components
- Excellent spoken and written English language. Knowledgeable in another ICRC language is an advantage.
Desired profile and Skills:
- Computer literacy (competency in Microsoft Office)
- Adaptable, multitasker and good in time management.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- Movement Cooperation Specialist 1 jobs