Job title : Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Assistant
Job Location : Plateau
Deadline : May 30, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Crest Research and Development Institute seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Assistant who will support the development of research documents including research proposals, inception reports and evaluation reports and supervise field teams in data collection and the coordination of regional working group coordination meetings. He/she will also support the training of data collectors on research methodologies and create and implement data collection tools, surveys and guides to ensure accurate and compliant data collection. The position will be based in the head program office, located in Jos, Plateau State with frequent travel across project locations in Nigeria. The position will report to the director of research and development through the Admin Associate.
- Support and conduct data collection and database maintenance/management systems to track project progress towards set goals and objectives
- Carryout routine data entry and preliminary analysis of field data.
- Assist in the adaptation of existing CRADI monitoring tools and train project teams on the use of the same.
- Provide technical support to projects with data management and development tools and processes.
- Support Project teams to develop monthly reports, with strong emphasis on highlighting results of intervention.
- Support development of and deployment of research tools.
- Support development of research documents including research proposals, inception reports and evaluation reports.
- Support and supervise field teams in data collection.
- Support training of data collectors on research methodologies.
- Create and implement data collection tools, surveys and guides to ensure accurate and compliant data collection.
- Provide relevant program, administrative and logistics support for projects.
- Ensure institutional learning through maintenance of program files (digital and hard copies) in a user-friendly manner.
- Work with the project team to periodically review project performance data and integrate recommendations to ensure adaptive management.
Business Development Role
- Support in the research and identifying of research opportunities and development trends, prospects and growth opportunities.
- Support in the provision of data for new development opportunities.
- Conducting desk-based needs assessment to inform new proposal development.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Education: BA/BSc. /HND. in Business Administration or another related field.
- Experience: 1 year experience in a similar role preferably in a research or development organization.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- The MERL associate will supervise the MERL Assistant
- English (Fluency in Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba which is widely spoken across Nigeria would be an added advantage)
Must be willing and able to travel to local and difficult terrains across Nigeria and Beyond.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Assistant jobs