Norwegian Refugee Council’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator, Nigeria jobs in Borno
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : October 07, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Job Identification: 3156
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Category: Monitoring and Evaluation
- The M&E coordinator will support the implementation of the M&E strategy and processes. Using NRCÛª standards, he/she will ensure that quality standards and learning are integrated into programme implementation. By promoting contextual data analysis/visualisation, the M&E coordinator will support the programme team to develop, update and consolidate planning, monitoring and learning tools.
- He/she will provide technical and field support for the implementation of research, monitoring, and evaluation activities, data binning, and application/use of findings in coordination with technical teams. S/he will seek opportunities to ensure effective impact and outcome measurement, documentation and dissemination of lessons learnt.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E SOPs, guidance and tools.
- Support programme staff in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme development, adjustment or review.
- Contribute to organisational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports.
- Contribute to capacity building and training of programme and M&E support staff on M&E.
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly:
- Implement systems to promote evidence-based decision-making through quality programming and effective programme and project performance at country level. Ensure that the country office delivers on internal and external M&E requirements and standards in a timely manner and with quality data.
- Contribute to project and program planning, kick-offs and review meetings, including preparing and sharing monitoring data on progress and challenges.
- Support programme team to develop requisite M&E tools (M&E matrix, indicator reference protocols, Indicator performance tracking tables and quality benchmarks).
- Ensure planning tools are context-sensitive (eg: Covid 19) and ensure that gender is integral to M&E activities.
- Technically support needs assessments, post distribution monitoring surveys and outcomes surveys.
- Analyse data focusing on correlation, causation and provide quality support and advice to programme team, including through field monitoring visits, inputs to programmatic reports and quality control of distributions and post distributions.
- Refer to NRCÛªs standards and processes and support monthly data review, assess gaps and develop plans to fill those gaps in consultation with the program team.
- In close collaboration with programme staff, ensure that monthly data are reviewed and entered into an internal data management platform.
- Support project, program and country regular monitoring and reporting, including internal and donor reporting so that reports are evidence-based and include relevant quantitative and qualitative data.
- Provide capacity building, coaching and training to programme staff to ensure that M&E standards is consistently and systematically integrated in all programmes/ projects.
- In collaboration with the M&E Manager, develop a monthly M&E report to present trends, gaps at the country level.
- Develop a systematic method of capturing qualitative stories and project effects on beneficiary communities.
- Work with technical and field teams to identify key methodologies to enable advocacy and campaigning impact measurement, document lessons learnt and disseminate findings.
- Maintain a central and systematic information and knowledge management system whereby relevant project information, data and lessons of programs are accessible for use as required.
- Support that learning is built into programme activities, ensuring that findings and lessons learnt are shared and used in an appropriate way to inform ongoing implementation and future programming.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Head of Programmes
- M&E Manager
- Core competency specialists
- Programme managers and coordinators
- Grants manager
- Senior M&E and M&E Officers
- Data focal points
- Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Master’s Degree
- At least 4 yearsÛª experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, including M&E capacity and systems development.
- Thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision making.
- Experience in capacity-building efforts using formal and non-formal methods.
- High-level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Good organisational skills, the ability to pay close attention to detail and report in a timely manner.
- A flexible and initiative-taking attitude with the ability to be proactive in working with others and have very good interpersonal skills.
Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and team working skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Advanced English Language level (Business English is a plus)
- Knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector is a plus
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access).
- Experience in using at least Stata, Nvivo, CAPI systems (CSPro, Kobocollect) and Power BI. Knowledge of ArcGis, Gretl, Salford-Predictive-Miner (SPM), XLMiner, WasHMIS collect, Tableau is a plus.
- Good experience in classification, regression, missing value analysis, data binning and clustering/segmentation.
- Ability to synthesise a considerable volume of technical material.
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRCÛªs Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- Strategic thinking
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Diplomatic skills
- Handling insecure environments
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The individual Work- and Professional Development Plan
- The Competency Framework
*Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator, Nigeria jobs in Nigeria
*NGO/Non-Profit jobs in Borno
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online
*NGO/Non-Profit jobs in Nigeria