Job title : Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director (CDC-Funded Global Childhood Immunization Project – Nigeria)
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : December 15, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
About The Job:
The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director will be based in Nigeria. Actual hiring is contingent upon successful agreement award and CDC approval.
- The Moitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director will provide leadership to the technical and programmatic implementation of the program.
- This position will oversee overall management and technical oversight of the monitoring, evaluation, learning support and research efforts for the project.
- S/he shall develop monitoring, evaluation, and reporting (MER) systems that include appropriate indicators, baseline data, targets, and a plan to evaluate performance and produce timely, accurate and complete reporting.
- The MEL Director is responsible for designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation systems, information analysis, capacity strengthening, and development of program management plans and project monitoring.
- This position reports directly to the Project Director
- Coordinate with the Project Director and Senior Immunization Advisor in management of the MEL components, ensuring strategic planning of activities is informed by project and relevant HMIS data sets.
- Lead the design and implementation of all monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities, including the development of the project’s performance monitoring plan; development and monitoring of project indicators; implementation of project evaluation; quality assurance and auditing of data.
- Design and implement mechanisms for continuous collaboration, learning, and adapting for project staff, partners, donors, host country government counterparts, and other stakeholders.
- Oversee a team of monitoring, evaluation, and learning staff for the project and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained amongst the team members.
- Ensure that lessons learned are integrated into project implementation to continuously improve quality of interventions and outcomes.
- Lead the design and implementation of operations research.
- Responsible for documenting and disseminating project successes and challenges to CDC.
- An advanced degree in research methods, statistics, biostatistics, quantitative/qualitative data analysis, public health, social/behavioral sciences, or other relevant medical or health discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years working on monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning in the field of public health, HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health, family planning, and other infectious disease programs, as well as knowledge of monitoring results-based financing programs.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in collecting, analyzing, and managing donor funded project data of health projects.
- Demonstrated experience managing M&E systems, consistent with USAID protocols for data collection and reporting.
- Experience with the USG CLA approach, including developing and integrating the CLA approach within project frameworks and leading CLA approaches across partners and technical focus areas to yield successful collaboration and integration.
- Familiarity with USG administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentations skills
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director (CDC-Funded Global Childhood Immunization Project – Nigeria) jobs