Job title : Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Officer- Hershey
Job Location : Ondo
Deadline : November 30, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Save the Children is implementing a 3 year project aimed at ensuring child protection through reduced child labour and increased accountability in the cocoa-growing communities in Cross River and Ondo States in Nigeria.
The MEAL Officer will be responsible for establishing and managing a robust Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) system for the project in their location. Core duties for the position include designing and implementing a MEAL system in accordance with Save the Children International (SCI) standards.
The position holder will support evaluations/assessments, monitor program progress and quality, document lessons learnt, and contribute to periodic monitoring and reporting. Ensuring gender-sensitive, inclusive, and participatory MEAL processes, including children’s involvement, is crucial.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Develop robust MEAL plans, systems, processes, and tools for the project in line with SCI and donor requirements.
- Take the lead in data collection efforts for the project, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Conduct in-depth data analysis to derive actionable insights and recommendations from project data.
- Execute quarterly monitoring, and accountability activities to enhance project performance, including quality benchmarks, data quality assessments, and/or data quality assessments.
- Document data collection and analysis findings, contributing to comprehensive and informative reports.
- Ensure monthly updates to the SCI’s Project reporting Information Management & Evidence (PRIME) system, accurately reflecting project progress and achievements.
- Monitor the implementation of programs, ensuring that activities are carried out according to standards and protocols.
- Support in ensuring the project is implementing the 3 pillars of Accountability – Information sharing, participation and feedback & reporting and providing relevant documentation.
- Assist in establishing robust accountability mechanisms, ensuring the voices of project participants are considered in project adaptation/design and implementation.Conduct periodic community feedback and stakeholder meetings to gather input, feedback, and insights on the program, enhancing community engagement, and promoting transparency and accountability.
Knowledge Management & Learning
- Actively engage in program learning initiatives, facilitating discussions and knowledge-sharing sessions among project teams.
- Ensure project MEAL documents are adequately stored in the SCI Resource Centre.
- Support in the development of case studies and success stories for the project
- Ensure risk assessments are done before any data collection that involves children.
- Ensure Safeguarding and PSEA are part of every training agenda.
Staff Management & Coaching
- Coaching and mentoring of direct report to achieve project deliverables.
- Support the implementation of the SCI performance management system, by supporting, supervising and reviewing performance of direct reports.
- Comply with SCI policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other tasks within the MEAL function as the line manager requires, adapting to project needs and challenges.
- Degree level qualification in Information Technology, Economics, Statistics or demography, or any related courses
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years of experience working in MEAL for developmental organizations.
- Experience in implementing, Child protection and Protection programs in development contexts program is an added advantage.
- Experience in the use of analytical and visualization tools/software
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate technical issues effectively and persuasively.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values, and principles including rights-based approaches and children’s participation.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Research / Data Analysis jobs
- Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Officer- Hershey jobs