IITA – International Institute of Tropical Agriculture’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Monitoring and Evaluation Officer jobs in Oyo
Job Location : Oyo
Deadline : September 30, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (1-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
Programme Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning:
- Coordinate the implementation of M&E activities across programme life cycle and ensure minimum standards are adhered to.
- Conduct baseline studies to establish baseline values for selected indicators.
- Coordinate the design and implementation of outcome monitoring sample surveys.
- Facilitate the execution of impact assessments and evaluations; oversee the scope of work, deliverables, and overall quality of work of other external led operational research and studies.
- Coordinate data collection activities across the various functions and implementing partners, analyse and share results within the country programme to increase learning and for global reporting.
- Organize M&E technical meetings to ensure regular programme planning across consortium partners, review progress, and document lessons/address challenges encountered.
- Undertake regular field visits to all project sites to support implementation of M&E and to identify where adaptations might be needed.
- Document processes and achievements to ensure best practices are captured and disseminated; this will contribute to continual reevaluation of programme activities and information, with resulting activity adjustments in keeping with new insights 2.
- Adapt and implement global M&E data quality guidelines to ensure that data generated in-country meets the required data quality criteria.
- Ensure programme data and analysis is used for learning by facilitating progress review and lesson learning reflection platforms with programme partners.
M&E System Design and Calibration:
- Design and implement a gender sensitive and results based MELA system and strategy.
- Develop and regularly review country programmeÛªs Theory of Change (ToC) to ensure alignment with programme delivery strategy and changing realities.
- Develop country specific MELA system instruments including MELA operational manual, MELA plan, monitoring survey protocol, data quality assessment guidelines, reporting templates, technical data collection tools.
- Work with programme specialists and unit Heads to align M&E with programme objectives, develop monitoring tools and integrate M&E in work plans and across all programme components.
- Develop guidance materials that clearly indicate staff responsible for specific M&E products, orienting programme staff to their M&E roles and responsibilities as necessary.
- Coordinate the design, development and operationalisation of the country programme databases and mobile data collection applications.
Management Information Systems and Reporting:
- Advance the use of innovative ICT tools to simplify data collection and transmission to country and global programme database.
- Prepare consolidated progress and periodic reports to meet management and donor reporting requirements in accordance with approved reporting formats and timelines.
- Document achievements/impact of innovative programme components, produce written reports on activities, capturing the impacts of activities; Work with team members to generate practical information and analysis for use in decision-making while also capturing results at the impact level.
- Contribute to setting the overall programme direction by prioritizing and organizing actions and resources to achieve set objectives, in close coordination with the Country Manager.
- Contribute to the development of annual business plans and strategic work-plans for the country programme.
- Provide support functions in monitoring adherence to contractual agreement, HarvestPlus policies and procedures and relevant external rules and regulations.
- Provide support functions in ensuring programme activities align with donor and HarvestPlus standard policies and procedures.
- Participate in meetings – government, donors, national and international workshops and other relevant events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Country Manager.
- Masters in Agricultural Economics, Economics, Statistics, Social Science, or related field with minimum of four (4) yearsÛª experience performing monitoring and evaluation in a well-structured environment or donor funded organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Technical expertise in managing and developing M&E systems; theoretical and practical background in M&E.
- Knowledge of biofortification value chains, programming, and results chains.
- Experience in the use of mobile data collection platforms including CSPro and CAPI tools. Excellent quantitative skills, including advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft
- Excel, and at least one statistical data analysis software.
- Ability to effectively convey programme goals, enlist partnerships, and work with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- High degree of motivation, initiative, independence, reliability, adaptability, and
- professional maturity.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical, and innovative problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to mentor colleagues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working experience with DFID, BMGF and USAID funded programmes.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
*Monitoring and Evaluation Officer jobs in Nigeria
*Agriculture / Agro-Allied jobs in Oyo
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates Click here to Apply online
*Agriculture / Agro-Allied jobs in Nigeria