Breakthrough ACTION’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Monitoring and Evaluation Officer 1 (Global Position) jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : October 06, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
The Monitoring Officer I (MO I) provides technical support to monitoring and evaluation activities for domestic and international programs implemented by CCP, with guidance from higher R&E level staff.
This MO I will be tasked with supporting the Breakthrough ACTION (BA) COVID-19 prevention and vaccine promotion portfolio. BA is a five-year USAID-funded project that encourages people to adopt healthier behaviors through innovative approaches to social and behavior change (SBC) implemented by the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Program (CCP). BAÛªs COVID-19 portfolio includes works in over 15 countries around the world to plan, implement, and evaluate SBC interventions that support planning and implementation of COVID-19 strategies and plans, coordination of COVID-19 vaccination stakeholders, and strategic risk communication related to COVID-19. In order to monitor BAÛªs work and relevant health concerns around the world, it has developed a global monitoring system based in DHIS2 that monitors the implementation of its COVID-19-related efforts.
Individuals in the Monitoring Officer I position have basic knowledge and experience in program monitoring designs, performance monitoring plans, electronic data collection, data visualization platforms, and analysis using analytical software. With support from higher-level monitoring and R&E staff, the Monitoring Officer I develops monitoring tools develops and maintains MEL databases, and analyzes and interprets MEL data. The Monitoring Officer I could travel internationally to deliver short-term technical assistance (STTA), with support from higher-level R&E staff.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
I. Theory, Frameworks & Models
Demonstrates knowledge of public health, communication, and/or social psychological theories.
Contributes to the application of SBCC theory and models to RMEL studies and monitoring plans w/Support.
II. Research & Evaluation
- Support the development of R&E designs to fit the local context and programs based on monitoring data w/Support
- Coordinates technical input from in-country MEL staff w/Support
- Develops drafts of MEL quantitative and qualitative data collection tools w/Support
- Coordinates the development of program partners’ monitoring data collection tools w/Support
- Develops mobile and electronic data collection tools w/Support
- Develops drafts of RFP for MEL data collection and reviews competitive proposals w/Support
- Develops and implements field training w/Support
- Coordinates MEL data collection and quality assurance in the field per approved IRB protocol w/Support
- Contributes to the development of MEL reports and manuscripts (includes scientific writing) presentations, posters, blogs and other products, using writing that is accurate, clear with logical flow, and appropriate for different audiences, w/Support
- Develops data visualization resources including from virtual dashboards for reports and other products w/Support
- Presents MEL findings at external and internal meetings and conferences w/Support
III. Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
- MEL Design
- Develops MEL plans and IRB protocols w/Direction
- Operationalizes MEL plans (including virtual dashboards) and IRB protocols w/Support
- Implements MEL plans and data quality assurance w/Support
MEL Data Analysis
- Analyzes MEL data for program feedback and reporting Independently
- Updates monitoring design to adjust to program changes while keeping an integrated system, independently
IV. Statistics and Analysis
- Conducts and/or supervises MEL data cleaning and data preparation for analysis (includes integrating partners’ data into dashboard), independently
- Performs quantitative analysis using statistical software (EXCEL, STATA, SPSS) and/or dashboard analytics (includes GIS mapping) and interpretation, independently
- Conducts and/or supervises MEL data preparation and codebook development for analysis, independently
- Performs qualitative analysis of MEL data using software (Atals.ti. Nvivo, Deddose, and others) and/or dashboard analytics and interpretation, independently
V. Business Development
Leads the MEL section of proposal development (including draft text and PMP) w/Support
VI. Leadership and Professional Development
- Participates in internal CCP, R&E, and MEL learning activities (includes staff meeting, CoP, StratComm, TIPS, others)
- Participates and shares learning opportunities that advance R&E and MEL skills within diverse communication and public health areas
- Presents at Research in Practice Brown bags, independently
- Manages students and temporary staff, independently
- Manages working groups w/Support
VII. Collaboration and Communication
Seeks input from team members (in-country, HQ) to develop comprehensive MEL plans and documents, independently
Other duties may be assigned.
Minimum qualifications (mandatory):
MasterÛªs degree (MPH, MSPH, MS) in communication, public health, or related behavioral science with at least 3 years of program monitoring experience. At least one year is relevant international experience.
Doctoral degree (Ph.D., DrPH, ScD) in communication, public health, or related behavioral science with one year of monitoring experience.
- Special knowledge, skills, and abilities: language skills a plus (particularly French and/or Spanish) and solid knowledge of mobile data collection applications as well as data visualization platforms such as DHIS2.
- Technical qualifications or specialized certifications: Qualified in mobile and web data collection and visualization platforms.
- Any specific physical requirements for the job: International travel as needed.
- Supervisory responsibility (indicate the number and type of persons supervised by incumbent): Oversees country-level monitoring officers as well as local consultants.
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Technical qualifications or specialized certifications:
Any specific physical requirements for the job:
- Supervisory responsibility (indicate the number and type of persons supervised by incumbent):
- Budget authority (indicate the dollar amount of budget managed and type/level of authority):
- Responsible to provide budget estimates for M&E activities in each country of his/her responsibility and keeping within budget when implementing such activities.
*Monitoring and Evaluation Officer 1 (Global Position) jobs in Nigeria
*Medical / Healthcare jobs in Abuja
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online
*Medical / Healthcare jobs in Nigeria