Microsoft’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Lead Software Engineer – Mixed Reality
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : April 29, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Job Number: 1028428
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we are incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We are a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
The Mixed Reality Platform team is looking for a highly motivated software engineer to add to our team to design, implement, and validate the next generation of platforms, APIs, middleware, and tools for Mixed Reality developers. These empower first- and third-party developers to make awesome experiences with Microsoft HoloLens and Windows Mixed Reality headsets.
- You design and implement powerful, efficient, and intuitive APIs and tools for developers to create Mixed Reality applications and integrate Mixed Reality Services.
- You enable developers to utilize human interactions, objects, space, and surfaces in the world around them
- You lead by example with a hands-on engineering approach.
- You drive through ambiguity with well-architected technical designs, aggressive and achievable schedules, technical hands-on leadership, and your own significant code contributions.
- You partner with other engineering teams to orchestrate and deliver robust, consistent platforms that enable developers to create cross device experiences.
- 5+ years experience in software engineering
- 2+ years experience as technical lead and people manager
- Strong background in C/C++, C#, Java, or Rust as well as debugging ability across technology stacks
- Great communication, written and verbal
- Experience building Unity 3D applications or games
- Experience with front-end, web, or mobile development
- Experience building AR/VR/MR/XR or browser-based applications
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Listed below are the benefits/perks, and may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work:
- Industry leading health care
- Giving programs
- savings and investment
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discount on products and services
- Generous time away
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates Should Click here