About Michael Stevens Consulting’s Job offer
Job title : Automation Engineer
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : March 8, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Duties & Responsibilities
- Debug and optimize automation programs, maintain program and system files backup; maintain software and communication networks.
- Assist maintenance and Engineering with troubleshooting procedures for equipment such as Filling and process equipment.
- Ensure maintenance upgrades and repair of PLCs including servers and interface panels.
- Oversee the instruments and control systems from an engineering perspective and assures all design modifications or additions of the same are performed professionally and in strict accordance with company procedures and code compliance.
- Assure all planning, scheduling and managing all instruments and controls engineering activities related to plant facilities are coordinated and performed safely and efficiently.
- Ensure that documentation for the instruments and controls systems are maintained properly.
- Development of SOPs including update of unit operating manuals.
- Use design software to perform engineering tasks to improve the efficiency of the machines.
- Provide leadership and discipline expertise to less experienced support staff, engineering design, maintenance and operation groups.
- Provide accurate and timely instruments and control engineering guidance and advice to all project and asset teams.
- Develop Programme Logic Control programs for new equipment as needed, and other duties as assigned.
Education / Knowledge, Skills, Attributes, Experience & Other Requirements
Education / Knowledge:
- Mechatronics or Electrical Engineering Graduate
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in Automation or Instrumental and Electrical maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience, proven track record in trouble shooting and analysis of instrumentation and process engineering system problems.
- Knowledge of Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis and root cause analysis.
Experience & Attributes:
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests.
- Creative thinking skills.
- Detail-oriented personality.
- Excellent operating manual application.
- Ability to communicate well to other members of the development team.
- Experience in execution of automation projects
- Knowledge of FMCG processes: Planning, Manufacturing, Quality, Environment, Engineering, Health and Safety
- Operational planning expertise/experience
- Delegation and team player skills
- Understanding of financial impact of decisions
- Ability to think in terms of functional sustainability rather than short term wins
- Ability to build relationships to improve results and understand what drives peers in other units.
- Open-minded and willing to experiment and try new things.
- Ability to implement quality and health, safety & environment improvements.
Skills & Others:
- Good analytical skills
- Good decision-making ability
- Ability to pay attention to minute details
- Ability to work individually and also in a team as and when required.
- Working well even under pressure.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.