Medecins Sans Frontieres’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Mental Health Counselor jobs in Ebonyi
Job Location : Ebonyi
Deadline : October 20, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Location: Abakaliki, Ebonyi
Contract Period: 3 Months Maternity cover
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform counseling and/or education sessions to patients, following different medical and mental health MSF protocols and procedures, in order to improve their psychosocial condition.
- Actively promote the availability of counselling services and carry out, individual or in group counseling, basic psycho educational sessions, to patients, their families (when needed), in order to alleviate their psychosocial difficulties within the project scope.
- Take active part in trainings, supervisions/intervention and support the activities manager when necessary in doing sensitization for MSF staff or external partners about mental health /psychosocial issues.
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for counseling activities and look after it.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Build and maintain healthy relationship with personnel at the Alex Ekwueme Federal Teaching Hospital Abakaliki, to contribute to co management of patients affected by Lassa Fever.
- Where relevant, combat the stigmatisation of Lassa Fever by providing appropriate information to staff or members of the community.
- Provide feedback about daily activities and challenges to assist in the strategic planning of ongoing MH activities.
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Degree / Master’s in Counselling, Social Work, Psychology.
- Essential working experience of at least one (1) year in provision of psychosocial support.
- Desirable working experience with MSF or other NGOs
- English and Igbo Language is essential.
- The following vacancy is open to all residents of Nigeria.
*Medical / Healthcare jobs in Nigeria
*Medical / Healthcare jobs in Ebonyi
*Mental Health Counselor in Ebonyi
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application, including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant Certificates and NYSC certificate / Exemption Letters to: [email protected]
Submit the Hard copy at:
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
Plot D33 Liberation Estate (after the Enugu / Abakaliki express),
Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen below:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Please note only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.