One Acre Fund’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : MEL Data Analytics Associate jobs in Niger
Job Location : Niger
Deadline : October 19, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Location: Minna, Niger
Start Date: As soon as possible
About the Role
- As a growing organization, we are constantly improving our internal operational processes. We are looking for an impact evaluator or field research professional to join our team as a MEL Associate in Minna, Nigeria.
- Overall, the MEL Associate will use data to improve our operations and impact our customers.
- You will use data to improve our operations, develop a deputy, and coordinate our research activities across multiple programs and teams.
- You will contribute to making informed decisions for our long-term strategy by working with leadership and the MEL team in Nigeria.
- The MEL department at One Acre Fund operates as an in-house research department and the results are used first and foremost to inform program decisions and to rigorously understand the impact.
The primary responsibilities for this role would include:
- Data Analysis
- Oversee data collection through qualitative and quantitative methods and ensure efficient data collection and results.
- Conduct data analysis and write reports to draw both early and final conclusions and results.
- Infield management of high-level MEL activities, with an eye to “perfect” quality standards.
- Survey Management
- You will work with different team members, both from in-country departments and global OAF teams, to identify research goals and draft survey tools to collect information for our annual impact analysis and other strategic queries.
- Design research tools such as surveys and write analysis plans.
- You will lead MEL system and process development, create a framework, and draft procedures for MEL project activities.
- Work with the field teams to ensure MEL results and recommendations are understood and acted upon.
- People Management
- Manage in-country MEL staff including Data Coordinator and Field Supervisors which support a team of 20+ Enumerators. This will include the following responsibilities:
- Mentor field staff on best practices in MEL execution through career reviews, field visits, meetings, and training programs.
- Oversee the hiring and development of MEL staff by building capacity for data collection, analysis, and design.
- Manage any staff underperformance.
- Potentially support the New Country Expansion (NCE) Team to enter a new market, expanding our geographic footprint and increasing Impact at Scale
Career Growth and Development:
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
- You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
- You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Master’s Degree in International Relations, Public Policy, Statistics, Economics or related field preferred, but not strictly required.
- 1- 5+ years of work experience, and a long-term passion for international development. We are looking for extraordinary candidates to help take our organization to the next levels of impact.
- Relevant work experiences, such as prior field-based M&E or data collection/research experience
- Data analysis skills using Excel (can perform complex functions), familiarity with R/Stata or other similar soft wares)
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data and distil down to findings.
- Team leadership experience.
- Enthusiasm for personal growth and learning.
- Languages: English (required), Hausa an added advantage.
- This role is only open to citizens of Nigeria.
- Women are encouraged to apply
- We are committed to gender equity in our staff operations, representation, and experience.
- In 2020, women made up 40% of our clients and 44% of our total staff. We have and will continue to intentionally grow these numbers.”
- Modest housing stipend, international health insurance, six weeks of annual leave and some travel benefits.
- In addition to paid maternity and paternity leave, we offer additional benefits to new parents.
*MEL Data Analytics Associate jobs in Nigeria
*Research / Data Analysis jobs in Niger
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online
*Research / Data Analysis jobs in Nigeria