Medecins Sans Frontieres’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Medical Activity Manager
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : Tuesday, July 20, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Locations: Gambaru and Ngala, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Type: Local Based Fixed-Term, Renewable.
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Defining, coordinating, and monitoring the medical activities under his/her responsibility according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health condition of the target population.
- Coordinating, assessing, and supervising the proper functioning of the medical activities (HIV, TB STIs, SGBV, etc.), according to MSF protocols, standards, and procedures and through the correct compilation and analysis of medical data regarding patients’ health conditions.
- Participating in the definition of annual planning and budget for the project and in the follow-up of the programs/project. Supervising and ensuring that medical activities objectives under his/her responsibility are achieved, reporting to the technical referent any problem arising in the service
- Checking all administrative procedures related to patients’ follow-up (individual card filling, registers, paper exit, discharge, transfers) are carried out correctly and according to MSF procedures.
- Ensuring efficient pharmacy management and monitoring the rational use of them. In coordination with the project biomedical service supervising the appropriate use of medical devices and anticipating future needs. Preparing the medical orders needed to implement the medical activities under his/her responsibility, and identifying and reporting to the line manager, non-medical support needs (material, infrastructure, transport, etc.)
- Coordinating and monitoring the daily working plan of the team under his/her responsibility (absent personnel, vacations, tracking leaves). Participating in shifts and replaces a doctor, if necessary
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development, and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to improve staff capabilities and to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Participating in the monthly reports according to guidelines (i.e. Sitreps, medical statistical reports, etc.).
- Interested candidates should possess a Medical doctor or Paramedical Degree.
- Desirable specialization or training in Tropical Medicine or related studies
- Essential 2 years working experience related to the diploma/degree and previous experience in MSF in the field
- English language essential, local language – Hausa / Kanuri desirable
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, and internet)
- Strategic Vision, Leadership, People Management, and Development Commitment, Flexibility, Stress Management, Results, Teamwork & cooperation, Service Orientation.
- Ready, available to work in Ngala/Gambaru, at full time.
- Candidate Applying Must Have A Valid National Identity Card Issued By Nimc & A BVN Number.
How to Apply for this Offer