Creatrix Empire’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Media Presenter jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : January 31, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- As a media presenter, your role is to provide the public voice or face to a wide range of online broadcast and podcast shows with the purpose of offering entertainment and/or information.
- Presenters relay information through clearly articulated verbal language. Common modes of such delivery include voiceovers, podcasts, celebrity lifestyle and gist, and news segments.
- Plan, research and write own scripts before filming or broadcast.
- Learn script and sometimes perform without formal preparation.
- Send show preps for every show to the Manager for necessary approval before production.
- Ensures message is understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
- Source for and invite guests or celebrities to own shows.
- Research topics and background information for items to be featured on the programme.
- Ensures that all music tracks and/or instrumentals to be featured on a show gets to the sound engineer at least an hour before the program for proper organization.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving diversity across board.
- Act as the host, introduce and interview guests and interact with the audience.
- Follow detailed instructions with relevant SOP in order to keep everything to plan during production.
- Ensures all materials and accessories (e.g. wigs, make-up kits, jewelries, etc.) used on are returned and orderly placed in the appropriate cupboard.
- Shall be an ambassador of the brand and this should reflect on their digital platforms.
- React quickly and positively to any problems or changes.
- Keep the programme running to schedule, responding positively and quickly to problems or changes and improvising where necessary.
- Ensure contents produced are promoted on their social media pages.
- Maintain neat appearance and meet dress specifications for diverse contents.
- Develop interview questions for guests, conduct interviews and transcribe same for companyÛªs projects.
- Create monthly content plan for every show.
- Develop engaging episodes for shows taking cognizance of what is trending.
- Creates killer episodes for shows/podcasts and encourage respectful debates.
- Seek sponsorship and collaborations for their shows.
- Meet with the production crew to assess or review a broadcast, and to plan the next one.
- Monitor the growth of their shows on all digital platforms and suggests ways to improve metrics.
- Organize team meetings and constantly look for ways to meet departmental KPIs.
- Take effective actions within proscribed limits without being told.
- Operate technical equipment such as the podcast mixer for shows.
- Offer assistance to clients and fellow workers.
- May manage content creation and upload of the same for related social media page from time to time.
- Submit weekly report of all activities and deliverables.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Management.
- Degree in English Literature / Language, Media, Arts, Communication Studies or related
- Professional certifications or evidence of training/development in media presenting
- 1 – 2 years relevant work experience.
Other Selection Criteria (skills, knowledge and experience):
- Experience of on-air reporting and presentation particularly in video to highest standards.
- Authoritative microphone voice and ability to communicate effectively to listeners and viewers.
- Personable, confident and has ability to sell self
- Good research and interviewing skills
- Has awareness of media law
- Can demonstrate an approach to work that is characterized by commitment, motivation and energy.
- Strong digital understanding and awareness.
- Creativity and ideas generation with the ability to think originally and to contribute fully to the planning process.
- Excellent spoken and written English and another African language is preferable.
- Ability to remain calm while working to deadlines, apply sensible work priorities and pace throughout assignments.
- Good team working skills both as a team leader and a team player.
- Demonstrates a good knowledge of entertainment and increasingly useful contacts and sources.
- Can maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations.
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people.
*Media / Advertising / Branding jobs in Nigeria
*Media / Advertising / Branding jobs in Lagos
*Media Presenter in Lagos
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.