Job title : MEAL Assistant
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : February 15, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
Save the Children is implementing a 1-year project aimed at improving water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) among students and communities in Lagos States Nigeria. The MEAL Assistant will be a part of the MEAL team. He/she will assist the MEAL team with activities, including data collection, validation, and entry. S/he will support in coordination with operations and assist in planning field visits and assessments. S/he will also support in ensuring Accountability in supported communities including information sharing, participation and ensuring efficient feedback and response mechanisms.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Assist in programme updates for programme management and internal information sharing.
- Assist with data collection and verification processes as necessary.
- Conduct field monitoring visits (including the use of the quality benchmarks/ monitoring checklist) and facilitate focus group discussions.
- Assist with the implementation of programme evaluations (data collection)
- Support MEAL in conducting assessments as needed.
- Assist in raising purchase requests and planning training for enumerators.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for handling documenting, confidentiality, and security of all informational resources related to feedback and complaints from beneficiaries.
- Support Complaints and Feedback Mechanisms, including communicating responses to complainants; liaise with programs and operations to ensure prompt follow-up on feedback and complaints received.
- Support in facilitating participation activities in implementing communities
Documentation and Dissemination:
- Contribute to preparing weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on MEAL.
- Prepare field visit reports and do debriefing and action planning with relevant staff.
- Maintain liaison with MEAL unit and other units including programmes, finance, supply chain, advocacy and campaign etc including field coordination/community mobilization team.
- Ensure risk assessments are done before any data collection that involves children.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 1 year of experience working with International NGOs, UN agencies, partners, and/or local authorities including NYSC.
- Computer literate with experience in the following computer packages; MS word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Access.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Listening skills.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving.
- Proficient in relevant computer applications.
- Ability to work in a team with flexibility to undertake challenging tasks and adapt to different working conditions.
- Good spoken, reading, and writing skills in English with the ability to produce quality reports. Knowledge of local language (Yoruba) is highly desirable.
- Ability to work as part of a team, flexible, adaptable, and patient.
- Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection
- Have experience and/or knowledge about working with children
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Research / Data Analysis jobs
- MEAL Assistant jobs