Marriott International, Inc.’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Assistant Manager – Laundry
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : April 16, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Job Number: 21028038
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Category: Housekeeping & Laundry
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
- Assists in hotel laundry daily operations and services.
- Works with employees to wash, dry and iron linen for both guest rooms and Food and Beverage/Culinary Department within existing time constraints.
- Assists in maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
Core Work Activities
- Assisting in Managing Department Operations and Budgets
- Assisting in managing day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Communicating the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
- Ensures consistent workflow to minimize peaks and valleys in production.
- Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
- Assists in ordering and managing necessary supplies. Ensuring workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
- Participates in the management of department’s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Works effectively with the Engineering department on Laundry equipment maintenance needs.
- Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunctions.
- Develops, maintains and uses effective back-up plans for breakdowns.
- Evaluates and implements new techniques, supplies and equipment.
- Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensures hotel policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members; ensures employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the laundry, housekeeping, or related professional area.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates Should Click here