WTS Energy’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Marine Engineer – Boats jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : July 21, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
About the Job
- This is a permanent position with full benefits and the role will be based in Nigeria.
- We want candidates with experience in boat engines such as Yamaha, Suzuki, Mercury and Jet ski operations, repair, or maintenance.
- The Marine Engineer (Boats) will be responsible for designing and overseeing the testing, installation,maintenance and repair of marine apparatus and equipment. The Marine Engineer will also be responsible for on-boarding and maintaining systems such as; Steering or control systems, Boat Propulsion systems, Mechanical and electrical systems within any of the company boats.
- Determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted, as well as sequences and phases of test operations.
- Check, test, and maintain all company marine engines (Yamaha / Mercury / Suzuki).
- Maintain and coordinate repair of marine machinery and equipment for installation on company boats and jetskis.
- Inspect marine equipment and machinery in order to ensure that everything is working e.g. depth finder is working/music system is working/engines are working.
- Schedule machine overhauls and the servicing of electrical, heating, ventilation, refrigeration, water, and sewage systems.
- Supervise other engineers and crewmembers, and train them for routine and emergency duties and supervise all scheduled maintenance with boat dealers.
- Coordinate activities with regulatory bodies in order to ensure repairs and alterations are at minimum cost, consistent with safety.
- Help procure materials needed to repair marine equipment and machinery.
- Act as liaisons between boat captains and shore personnel in order to ensure that schedules and budgets are maintained, and that boats are operated safely and efficiently.
- Investigate and observe tests on machinery and equipment for compliance with standards.
- Perform monitoring activities in order to ensure that boats comply with international regulations and standards for life saving equipment and pollution preventatives.
- Maintain records of engineering department activities, including expense records and details of equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Prepare technical reports for use by engineering, management, or sales personnel.
- Maintain contact with, and formulate reports for, contractors and clients in order to ensure completion of work at minimum cost.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marine Engineering
- Should have solid experience as a Marine Engineer.
- Must have relevant Professional Engineering License/Certification.
- Experience with Design Software such as AutoCAD, Rhino 3D, & SOLIDWORKS.
- Sound Knowledge of Maritime Software such as HMI and PLC Control Systems.
- Familiarity with Maritime HM&E Systems & Naval Construction Processes.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online