MPG Partnering’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Manufacturing Safety Training Coordinator jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : May 23, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- Applicant must be a professional safety and training coordinator and must understand safety and guidelines organizations must adhere to.
- The primary role of the Safety & Training Coordinator is to ensure all employees, subcontractors and vendors are working and behaving in the safest way possible.
- Additionally, the Safety & Training Coordinator is responsible for conducting training classes for the employees as needed. This position also requires the gathering and checking of documented information to ensure compliance.
- Make sure everyone follows the permit to work (PTW) onboard.
- Conduct pre tour meetings.
- Conduct weekly safety meeting with PPT presentations, safety videos, explain and discuss synergies, etc.
- Send training requests and update training matrix on regular basis.
- Conduct onboard training for contract workers.
- Maintain individual employee files, keep updated with latest certificates.
- Give safety induction and orientation to people coming onboard, take them around and show them their muster station and issue PPE.
- Carry out monthly inspections on fire extinguishers, fire hoses, fire monitors, CO2 system, etc.
- Carry out weekly and monthly inspections on safety harness, lanyards, Dyna-locks, man rider, ladsafe, etc.
- Carry out monthly inspections on safety equipment and provision in life boats.
- Get personnel to write daily safety audits; scan and send them to concerned authority. Discuss unsafe activity in pre tour meetings
- Issue area authority checklists and drop objects checklists to personnel on monthly basis. File them and send required with month end reports.
- Conduct in-house training for crew as per company policy & requirement.
- Make drill reports of different drills conducted; file them after signing and send electronic copies in month end reports. Maintain drill matrix.
- Prepare work instructions & Generic JSAs with help from supervisors, send for approval to concerned authority and file the same and issue to personnel. Upload the same on company website.
- Train personnel in making the right permits, isolations, lock out and tag out, confined space entry, gas test, etc.
- Train personnel in writing proper JSA and conduct PJSM before the commencement of the job.
Minimum Knowledge & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years as STC
- Completion of all required training according to the Company Training Matrix
- To be recognized on a succession plan of being capable of promotion above STC normal duties
- Self-starter with a self-motivating attitude
- Incident Investigation & Reporting
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
N500,000 – N700,000 / month.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Cc: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.