Clinton Health Access Initiative’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Manager, Vaccines Middle-Income Markets jobs in Not specified
Job Location : Not specified
Deadline : May 23, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Program (Division): Non Communicable Diseases – Vaccines Market Team
Overview of CHAIs Vaccines Program
- To ensure all children have access to effective and affordable immunization, addressing the main causes of child mortality, CHAIs Vaccines Markets Team works with vaccine manufacturers, Gavi and other global stakeholders to improve availability, affordability and diversity of supply for existing and future Gavi vaccines. In doing this, CHAI is applying the techniques it has used successfully to improve access to HIV/AIDS and malaria treatment: improving market demand transparency for individual suppliers, and working closely with these suppliers to optimize their commercial, costing and pricing strategies in low and middle income markets. In doing so, this ensures the availability of vaccines at affordable yet commercially sustainable prices.
- The pandemic context has only reinforced the importance of CHAIs Vaccines Markets teams work, coupling the need to ensure supply security for existing vaccines, for which demand and supply dynamics are being disrupted, with the need to accelerate equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines on an unprecedented time frame. CHAI is working closely with many partners towards this goal.
- The Vaccines Markets team is seeking a Manager to lead a small team and supplier-facing engagements to achieve affordable yet sustainable global vaccine prices and supply, with a particular focus on middle-income countries and the HPV market. They will be responsible for conducting business planning engagements with suppliers and defining market-shaping strategies in collaboration with global partners.
- The Manager will also lead CHAIs work with global and regional health partners to create an environment (policies, market intelligence, etc.) that improves access to vaccines in MICs.
- The Manager will also be involved in CHAIs work on local vaccine manufacturing in Africa, in collaboration with donors, multilateral bodies and manufacturers. The role requires extensive collaboration with CHAIs vaccine delivery team, external partners (e.g., Gavi, BMGF, WHO, CEPI, Linksbridge) and other members of the Vaccines Markets team.
- The base location for this role is flexible for a program country, pending additional leadership approval.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding strategic, analytical, communication and leadership skills. The successful candidate will adhere to the core CHAI values of resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, flexibility, independence, humility, and work ethic. The Manager will report to the Associate Director, Vaccine Markets Team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage a remote team of 1-2 Associates on projects to strengthen supply security and affordability of current and future priority vaccines in low- and middle-income countries.
- Build and lead relationships with suppliers that currently produce or have the potential to produce relevant antigens (i.e., HPV) for developing markets.
- Lead the design and subsequent project management of specific business planning projects with select suppliers.
- Guide and manage the Associates involved in these business planning projects to conduct analyses related to vaccine market dynamics (e.g., demand forecasts, uptake models and market access strategies; production development, cost reduction and manufacturing strategies) and supplier sustainability.
- Lead CHAI Vaccines Markets Teams efforts to collect, synthesize and disseminate market intelligence on middle-income countries to suppliers.
- Co-chair, together with WHO, the MIC working group under the umbrella of WHOs Immunization Agenda 2030 and lead the program management office (PMO) for the working group.
- Lead CHAI Vaccines Markets Teams efforts to advance local vaccine manufacturing in Africa in a way that is commercially sustainable for suppliers and benefits global market access objectives.
- Lead preparations of presentations, reports, and other analyses to inform global policy and increase the evidence base for high-impact interventions.
- Creatively scope and initiate projects that contribute to further improving supply sustainability and accessibility of vaccines for low-income countries.
- Support the development of concept notes, donor proposals and reports, and initiation of new projects.
- Any other duties as required by the Associate Director, Vaccine Markets
- 25 – 30% international travel time required once situation allows.
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree with strong academic performance required
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a fast paced, results-oriented work environment; i.e., experience in strategy consulting, investment banking or pharmaceuticals is strongly preferred
- Proven team management skills with a good eye for people development/coaching
- Clear strategic/structured thinker with very strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proven project management skills and the ability to work independently and effectively in a high-performance, dynamic environment and handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with the ability to represent CHAI externally; fluency in other languages is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with individuals of varying levels of seniority.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural and remote environment.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Strong commitment to teamwork, team mission, and hard work.
- Advanced Degree in Business, Economics, Public Health or other related disciplines
- Experience working with vaccine manufacturers or with country facing vaccines work is a strong plus
- Prior knowledge or experience of global health partners.
- Experience living and working in low-resource settings.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online