1 week ago
Job title : Manager, Measurement & Evaluation jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : April 15, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- The M&E Manager will support two main strands of work, although they may also be required to engage in other work as needed. First, they will often lead a team of enumerators who collect data periodically and report to the M&E Director in Lagos (Nigeria). The M&E Manager are expected to execute M&E Plans as designed and approved by the respective programmes. As such, they will need to have extraordinary logistical and planning mindsets, as these rounds of data collection often involve balancing many responsibilities, priorities and stakeholder relationships at once. We are seeking M&E Manager who are able to effectively work with people from diverse backgrounds, think critically and make sound on-the-spot judgment calls for tricky methodological and logistical issues, and have a brilliant mind for people and processes.
- The data collection exercises where the M&E Manager will work often take place within our Nigerian territories (EdoBEST in Edo State, EKOEXCEL in Lagos State, KwaraLEARN in Kwara State, Bridge Academies in Lagos and Osun states, and in future launches in other states). As such, travel is required for the position.
- Besides leading routine data collections that are part of our main impact evaluations, the M&E Manager will support additional data collection, both quantitative and qualitative, as required by the team. They will conduct interviews, focus groups, and case studies; and they will often be in charge of synthesizing and writing their findings.
- The M&E Manager will report to the M&E Regional Director for Nigeria, and will work closely with the Vice President of M&E and the M&E Analysts in our global shared services.
What You Will Do
- Implement and Manage Plans for Execution of Research Studies. As part of the global M&E team, the M&E Manager will work closely with the M&E Director implementing and managing the plans for the execution of research studies (baseline, Midline and Endline). These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, implementing the soundness of and tradeoffs among choice of research design, sampling methods, selection of measures, creation of statistical models, data visualization, and mode of communications, managing M&E budgets, and developing assessment and data collection tools
- Establish Data collection and Monitoring Protocol. The M&E Manager will be responsible for establishing and enacting periodic data collection, monitoring and reporting protocols to ensure timely communications to relevant NewGlobe managers. The M&E Officers will conduct regular field visits to sampled schools during research studies to monitor data collection processes by enumerators and ensure current reporting targets and deliverables to ensure quality and timely data collection and reporting.
- Direct Data Enumerators. The M&E Manager will direct and coordinate M&E enumerators during research studies,Posting enumerators to to sampled schools for data collection, supporting in their training, instructing them on best practices in conducting pupil assessments using DIBELS, ICAN, EGRA, EGMA or any other education assessment tools and how to upload quality data online using ODK, KoBo Collect, Google Forms, etc. as well as reporting priorities and providing oversight during report production. The M&E Officers will support team members to ensure that they are correctly utilizing proper research methods and statistical models.
- Track the Use and Impact of M&E Products. To support organizational learning, the M&E Manager will study the use and impact of M&E Reports by NewGlobe leadership.
- Accommodate requests for quick data. Time-sensitive questions will come from the Director M&E or VP M&E and C-Level Executives, and usually take anywhere from a few hours to a few days. The M&E Manager will have to prompt in conducting field visits to conduct qualitative and quantitative surveys for pupils, teachers and headteachers including capturing of quality pictures and videos to back up surveys for M&E reports.
- For any project, be ready to propose a plan and execute. This includes creating a timeline, liaising with other departments to get the support you need, managing and motivating short-term staff members, figuring out how to get things done when things don’t go as planned, getting the data you need and getting it right, conducting analyses, framing the results, and answer any and all questions about your work.
What You Should Have
- A University degree ideally (but not necessarily) in a relevant academic discipline, such as Computer Science, Education, Economics, Public Policy, Business, or Statistics with at least 5 years experience in M&E, Research or project Management
- Organization skills to successfully direct and oversee all quality assurance procedures and coordinate production processes you should have strong organization skills
- Communication skills to provide reports to production managers and business leaders to influence decision-making you will need effective verbal and written communication skills
- Technical skills to develop, refine, and troubleshoot data collection and reporting tools.
- Familiarity with data management and analysis tools like ODK, KoBo Collect, Survey CTO, Qualtrics, Excel, Stata, Tableau, SAS, or R.
- Global team management experience to direct, mentor, and oversee members of the Data & Analytics team, you should possess effective leadership, coordination, and motivation skills
- Passion for NewGlobe’s mission.
- A detailed doer You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, NewGlobe works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions and it could be different. You wonder and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Research / Data Analysis jobs
- Manager, Measurement & Evaluation jobs
- Salary Offer: *********