2 weeks ago
Job title : Manager, Internal Audit & Fraud Management
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : June 24, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
About the role
- The Manager, Internal Audit & Fraud Management is responsible for analyzing moderate to complex account activity utilizing various fraud tools to detect and prevent fraudulent activity. Identifies and escalates to Senior Management and the Board Risk and Audit Committee, any suspected, alleged, or known internal and external fraud investigations against Carbon and its customers.
- In addition to investigations, you will be responsible for researching and identifying all possible avenues to the recovery of funds and/or property obtained by such fraud, and coordinate with appropriate law enforcement agencies to help identify and facilitate the prosecution of the person(s) perpetrating such fraud.
- Ensures compliance with established Bank policies and procedures, supporting the Fraud Risk- Management Integrated Framework as well as identifying and reducing all business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls
- Perform fundamental SQL database queries to accurately update financial fraud trends.
- Identify and assess areas of significant business risk.
- Conduct deep dives into account and transaction activity to identify and expand upon existing Fraud and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) typologies;
- Investigate suspicious activities, allegations of fraud, and misconduct in accordance with established protocols and legal requirements.
- Strong knowledge of auditing principles, forensic investigation techniques, and fraud detection methods.
- Conduct in-depth investigations of suspicious financial activity, such as suspected money-laundering and terrorist financing efforts.
- Ensure complete, accurate, and timely audit information is reported to Management.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify risk and develop effective solutions
- Analyze financial data to detect irregularities in areas such as billing trends, financial relationships, and regulatory compliance procedures.
- Identify and reduce all business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls.
- Overall supervision of planned annual audits.
- Overseeing risk-based audits covering operational and financial processes.
- Preparing and implementing the internal audit plan
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in related fields, with at least 4 years of analytical experience in the financial services industry or a top-tier audit firm.
- Professional certification such as Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) is highly desirable.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume, and technology-driven environment;
- Experience in SQL, Root Cause/Impact Analysis, and familiarity with Tableau or another BI tool
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Must possess excellent communication, and report writing skills and be detailed oriented;
- Must have knowledge of provider facility payment methodology, claims processing systems, and coding and billing proficiency;
- Strong tech skills, along with the ability to use fraud/abuse data mining tools are required;
- Ability to think critically and strategically and act proactively to create strong trust and confidence with business units.
- Well-organized with brilliant problem-solving skills and the ability to constantly deliver on tight deadlines.
- Passionate about improving an organization’s internal control structure.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multitask.
- Call with People team
- Case Study (Assessment)
- A great and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
- Potential to work in different geographies.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance
- Career development & Growth.
- Offer a remote working option.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Manager, Internal Audit & Fraud Management jobs