Marriott International, Inc.’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Manager, Banquets jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : October 20, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Job Number: 21053245
Location: Marriott Hotel – Ikeja, Lagos
Job Category: Event Management
Brand: Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type: Management
- Directs and motivates team while personally assisting in providing high quality service based on requirements and standards.
- Monitors and controls financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection.
- Provides clear and concise communications to everyone having ownership in the success of the event.
- Identifies training opportunities and plans a strategy to accomplish goals.
Core Work Activities
Managing Banquet Operations:
- Projects supply needs for the department, (e.g., china, glass, silver, buffet presentations, props).
- Applies knowledge of all laws, as they relate to an event.
- Understands the impact of Banquet operations on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains established sanitation levels.
- Manages departmental inventories and maintains equipment.
- Uses banquet beverage records to control liquor costs and manage the banquet beverage perpetual inventory.
- Schedules banquet service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
- Assists team in developing lasting relationships with groups to retain business and increase growth.
Participating in and Leading Banquet Teams:
- Sets goals and delegates tasks to improve departmental performance.
- Conducts monthly department meetings with the Banquet team.
- Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings and cutting edge cuisine with emphasis on current event trends.
- Acts as a liaison to the kitchen staff.
- Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service:
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
Conducting Human Resources Activities:
- Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
- Monitors progress and leads discussion with staff each period.
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Reviews quarterly Meeting Planner Survey results and participates in the development and implementation of corrective action to address service challenges; focuses on continuous improvement of guest satisfaction.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area.
*Manager, Banquets jobs in Nigeria
*Hospitality / Hotel / Restaurant jobs in Lagos
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qalified candidates should Click here to apply online
*Hospitality / Hotel / Restaurant jobs in Nigeria