Management Sciences For Health’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Technical Coordinator – Therapeutic Efficacy Studies (TES) 2021
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : April 20, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Reference No.: R765
- PMI-S is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by MSH. The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria, its complications, and prevention.
- PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and State Malaria Elimination Programs (SMEPs) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020.
- The National Malaria Elimination Programme (NMEP), along with a TES core team, plans to initiate activities for the 2021 TES in July 2021. We are seeking to engage a Technical Coordinator to lead implementation of the 2021 TES with direction from the TES Core Team and reporting directly to Core Team. S/he will assist with finalizing TES preparations, leading trainings, providing oversight of study sites, and ensuring the overall quality of TES conduct and outputs.
- The 2021 DTES will be conducted in 4 Sentinel sites across Nigeria. The sites identified for the study includes Kaduna, Imo, Kwara and Lagos states.
- In collaboration with the TES core team, oversee finalization of TES protocol and all standard operating procedures (SOPs) and job aids
- Lead centralized training for the TES sites staff on the study protocol, processes and procedures
- Ensure adherence to study protocol at all TES sites:
- Conduct study initiation along with core team members
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to study sites
- Provide on-site debriefs with the site study team
- Document findings and recommendations in a timely manner
- Provide regular updates on TES implementation to the TES core team
- In collaboration with NMEP and PMI-S TES Focal Point, ensure TES sites have the needed consumables and equipment in time.
- Provide monthly progress reports to core team on the overall TES activity.
- Communicate any concerns or issues about the TES immediately to NMEP and Core Team
- Work closely with the External Microscopist to ensure that Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Quality Improvement Processes confirm to high standards.
- Take responsibility for the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of data captured and entered for all TES sites
- In collaboration with core team provide direct technical supervision of the PIs and activities at the 4 TES study sites.
- Participate in the TES 2021 report writing.
- Approved 2021 TES protocol
- TES sites staff training report
- Quality data from the 4 sites
- Monthly progress reports
- Preliminary 2021 TES report
- Final 2021 TES report.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree in medicine or public health
- Experience conducting clinical or epidemiologic trials
- Previous successful conduct of TES as principal investigator will be an added benefit.
- Previous experience with therapeutic efficacy studies
- Excellent and proactive communication skills
- Excellent report writing skills is necessary.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested And Qualified Candidates Should Click here