About MAERSK’s Job offer
Job title : Warehouse Shift Supervisor
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : March 3, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Reference No.: MA – 258452
- We are currently looking to hire a WND Shift Supervisor to join our team in Lagos. He/she will be responsible to supervise the running of a safe and efficient operation, working within clear guidelines to help achieve defined outcomes for the site and the customer(s).
- In addition to the main duties and responsibilities listed below the Warehouse Shift Manager will be expected to perform other duties commensurate with their skills and abilities.
- Implement actions as directed to reduce or eliminate health and safety-related risks
- Ensure the team applies the Safety Standards and relevant guidelines
- Report and investigate incidents within the workplace and respond to or escalate issues of non-compliance to safety regulations and procedures
- Supervise day-to-day warehouse’s team performance, including achievement of agreed customer KPIs Conduct performance reviews and coaching
- Support management with resource planning and management e.g. implement agreed processes to review performance, monitor absence and sickness and address issues within clear guidelines
- Support the recruitment, appraisal and disciplinary / exit processes and provide recommendations, and take corrective actions for under performance
- Support the environmental agenda and continuous improvement activities to increase environmental efficiency
- Planning of the warehouse operations
- Taking care of warehouse productivity
- Securing safety environment for all warehouse employees
- Inventory management and stock accuracy
- Material management
- Improvement of the existing processes and implementation of new processes
- Coaching new team members
- Supporting our growth in Maersk warehousing
- Develop and maintain a culture of continuous improvement in all site operations.
- Implement the required security measures to protect the site premises, including the safety of personnel, assets and of the customer’s product for the required area
- Investigate all relevant security risks and implement identified mitigation, where necessary having proposed mitigation options to your line manager for agreement.
- Continuously contribute to the improvement of procedures to better achieve the prescribed outputs.
- Regularly update the operational training matrix / plan as required.
- Participate in customer, regulatory and internal operational audits as required and work with the team to implement the agreed action plan.
- Respond to or escalate customer issues within clear guidelines and recommend solutions.
We Are Looking For
- Previous experience in operational warehouse Supervision and team leadership is required.
- Health and Safety certified or equivalent.
- Experience in managing continuous improvement.
- Communication and relationship building at all levels (Customer, Management, Operations)
- Ability to lead, direct and motivate across all departments
- People management and stakeholder management skills
- Understanding of Employment Law
- Understanding of WMS, VNA, material handling equipment.
- Microsoft Office.
- A career at Maersk means working in a culturally diverse, performance stimulating environment. You’ll be part of a rich heritage and a youthful and exuberant logistics company that aims to be an inspiring and challenging place to work. We believe that a successful career includes a variety of experiences that stretch you, take you out of your comfort zone and offer you an opportunity to grow in ways that also build your business.
- The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees; you are valued as part of our team.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates Should Click here