1 month ago
Sharing this job is caring.
Quick Recommended Links
MacTay Consulting’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Berthing Master Assistant
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : May 31, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
- Shall assist the Pilot during export tankers operations.
- Shall assist checking of buoy and floating hose condition during offloading.
- Shall assist the Logistics Foreman for deck operations.
- Shall assist Loading Master for tank preparation.
- Shall assist Logistics Foreman with 1st level maintenance of equipment.
Scope of work
- Assist with the mooring and tanker connecting operations and implementation of the corresponding procedures.
- Management of the berthing / mooring team.
- Monitoring the preparation of mooring area and tanker crew tasks.
- Aid tug(s) during tanker mooring / unmooring operations as directed by the Pilot.
- Co-ordination of crew tasks as per pilot instructions at the bow and on the main deck of the tanker.
- Aid the tanker crew for mooring, hose handling and connecting operations.
- Reporting to Pilot of any anomalies during tanker berthing and offloading operations.
- Inspection of the OLT area for detection of any leak and spill during offloading.
- Assists with oil spill recovery and pollution control.
- Handling and transferring the tools and equipment required for tanker operations.
- Assist with 1st level Maintenance of equipment as directed by Marine Superintendent or Pilot.
- Assist Loading master for tank preparation with pump man.
- Assist with helideck operations as required.
- Enforces the HSE and Security plan.
- Assist Pump man as required.
- Designated Lead Diver onboard the support work boat for surface swimming operations.
- Ensures that appropriate checklists have been developed and are completed prior the commencement of the surface swimming operation.
- In charge to prepare a valid dive plan.
Context and Environment:
- Rotation status: 4 weeks on/ 4 weeks off (Local Staff).
- Employed offshore on the FPSO.
- AB Seaman (certified as per STCW 95).
- GMDSS Restricted Operators Certificate (ROC) or GMDSS VHF Short Range Certificate (SRC).
- Nigerian River Master Certificate or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- 3 years of experience in offshore marine operations.
- OPITO Banksman level 1 or equivalent.
- OPITO Rigging and lifting level 1 or equivalent.
- BOSIET/HUET Certificate.
- Tanker familiarization certificate.
- Languages: English.
- Diver certificate Part I or Class II.
- IMCA Diving supervisor or trainee diving supervisor.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below.