1 week ago
Job title : Logistics Manager, Port Operations
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : June 24, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- He will be responsible for overseeing the smooth operations of port and cargo operations, providing support and oversight for managing truck loading at the ports, movement and tracking of trucks from loading location to destination; managing and Supervising Logistics Operations Team for excellent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively monitor demand and supply of Fleet to meet business current and future needs at the ports.
- Directing all transportation activities. Developing transportation relationships. Monitoring transport costs. Negotiating and bargaining transportation prices. Dealing with the effects of congestion at the Port.
- Enroll and secure dedicated trucks (3rd Party) into the port fleet for day-day shipment.
- Rapidly build a wide trucker base across the Port.
- Work with the truck owners to Manage at least 100 dedicated trucks. Build a pool of 500 trucks, with 20% conversion into dedicated trucks.
- Provide strong partner development and support to truckers to help them grow their business with the organisation.
- Manage all truck drivers, and assist with any needed documentation to facilitate swift entry into the port and exit.
- Build relationship with all trailer parks.
- Ensure best-in-class turnaround times for all trucks from loading to empty returns.
- Give regular reports on port operations to internal teams on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Handling customs and tax matters.
- Develop the capacity of the Logistics Management team to effectively manage and maintain a healthy pool of fleet
- Ensuring customers receive excellent service regarding the delivery and/or collection of their goods.
- Manage real-time fleet capacity for optimal performance
- Provide structured and actionable feedback to the line manager
- Negotiating the services of Fleet owners
- Work with Engineering to develop a technology roadmap and implementation of new technologies
- Develop cost-effective fleet expansion and availability to meet all customer’s requests in new states.
- Develop a data-driven approach and metrics for fleet operation tracking, including the creation of performance, efficiency, etc.
- Root cause analysis and problem resolution for all logistics operations.
- Source for Fleet Owners and ensure Fleet assessment are carried out from time to time.
- Manage and interact with Clients and Trucks Owners to ensure that all relevant requirements of delivery, cost and quality are met.
- Updating and evaluating metrics to assess performance and implement enhancements.
- Ensuring all operations adhere to laws, guidelines, and ISO requirements.
- Conducts Monthly Performance Review (MPR) with the team.
Qualifications and Experience
- BA / B.Sc Degree in Engineering, Social Sciences, Transport & Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent with practical experience.
- MBA or relevant post-graduate education is an added advantage
- Minimum of Ten years Post-University work experience with at least 5 years in Port Operations.
- Experience in managing large number of Fleet Size is key.
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong experience leading, supervising, and motivating a team of Fleet & Logistics Management Professionals.
- Ability to take initiative and be flexible in a constantly changing work environment
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of excel/google sheets and ease with a variety of tech platforms and reporting
- Tech enthusiasts with dexterity in using digital products
- Up to date with the latest developments in the Logistics Sector.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ethical behaviour and proficiency in decision-making.
- Be able to produce a consistently high level of quality service to clients.
- Have superior training and presentation skills.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Transportation / Logistics jobs
- Logistics Manager, Port Operations jobs