Ascentech Services Limited’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Logistics Manager jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : October 28, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Industry: FMCG ÛÒ White Goods/Home Appliances
- Responsible for handling the technical details relating to possibly international transportation, such as customs regulations and any necessary documentation.
- Efficiently evaluate the costs of transportation, services and inventory within any budget or distribution strategy.
- Knowledge and application of national and international import/export legislation.
- Effectively troubleshoot any issues that may arise in international freight transportation.
- Ability to build relationships with Logistics mediators and work closely with package engineers to ensure the protection of freight in transportation.
- Accurate documentation and organisation of any changes to operating procedures, prioritisation or any problems that occur.
- Responsible for checking the quality and quantity of goods before, during and after movement.
- Coordinates and controls the cycle of transportation (within and outside the country)
- Conduct data analysis and plan necessary improvements of performance.
- Allocating duties to logistics officers and dispatch riders
- In charge of registering received goods and dispatched goods.
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Costing of goods received.
- All other responsibilities are assigned by the Managing Director.
- Maintain control and ensure regulations to all import and export processes and monitor work according to corporate and local policies and evaluate all-new customs requirements and supervise everyday operations according to standard procedures.
- Assist to obtain all required import permits and export licenses for all processes.
- Coordinate with marketing and sourcing department to establish an efficient export classification and prepare tariff schedule.
- Provide an efficient interface with freight forwarders and administer all freight logistics and provide an optimal level of customer services and resolve all shipment issues.
- Perform all record-keeping processes and maintain records of all entries.
- Evaluate all items for import and ensure accuracy in all values and collaborate with customs brokers to provide clearance of all imports and maintain required documents.
- Perform audits on all import and export files on a regular basis.
- Monitor and provide a response to all customs inquiries and requests and obtain required product certifications for all export and import products for customs clearance.
- Collaborate with various departments and obtain all certification documents and ensure compliance to all import and export policies and perform regular audits on all broker activities.
- B.Sc. in logistics and transportation, or other related qualifications like supply chain management.
- 8 -10 years experience in similar or related industry
- Appreciation of security requirements, techniques and concepts.
- Political savvy, diplomacy, maturity and tact including the ability to relate with diverse people.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong negotiation, influencing and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent communication (oral & written) and interpersonal skills.
- Result oriented and quality focus disposition.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- High sense of responsibility, accountability and dependability.
- High level of integrity and business ethics
- Good appreciation and working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
*Logistics Manager jobs in Nigeria
*Transportation / Logistics jobs in Lagos
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*Transportation / Logistics jobs in Nigeria