Zola Electric’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Logistics and Procurement Manager jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : October 30, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
About the Job
- We are looking for a Logistics and Procurement Manager to create, manage, and implement the Group logistics, manufacturing/supply chain strategy and support Engineering and Sales execution.
- Liaise with shipping agents for the flawless and timely execution of shipments needed for customers.
- Coordinate with Sales teams and shipping agent network to provide all quote information needed to propose and execute sales.
- Coordinate all documentation required for all global shipments.
- Coordinate with Finance to ensure supplier payment in time for shipment execution.
- Oversee inventory forecasting across Engineering and Sales (both B2B and traditional vertically integrated sales); use the forecasts created to guide supplier production levels.
- Create / execute strategy for supplier production and stocking levels of all warehouses.
- Oversee inventory in all Group-operated warehouses, and have stock levels ready to serve customers at the customer service levels defined.
- Manage / coordinate the counting and protection of all inventory in Group-managed warehouses.
- The Logistics and Procurement Manager will report into the VP of Manufacturing and Supply Chain and be based in our Nigeria office.
- Participate in strategic meetings to contribute to the development of the 3 to 5-year Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Manufacturing Strategy and Business Plan
- Develop and manage the implementation of policies, procedures, systems and controls for effective manufacturing and logistics operations
- Establish and maintain appropriate performance metrics to track and manage performance, safety, quality and cost.
- Manage the intake of logistics requests from constituents across the business, including Engineering, Business Development, and vertically integrated OpCos
- Create freight cost quotes across multiple locations in coordination with freight agent network
- Create all preliminary and final shipping documents, coordinating with the warehouse network, Finance, Business development, and other departments as needed
- Coordinate with Zola shipping agent network to execute all shipments required for all business stakeholders in a timely manner
- Coordinate directly with customer shipping agents to create or correct documentation
- Coordinate the set up of distribution clients with all resources needed to conduct shipping (PVOC registration, agent contacts, etc.)
- Avoid all unnecessary fees for the import / export of inventory
- Manage the proper clearing of products at international ports, where necessary
- Optimize transportation mode usage and resultant costs
- Maintain all Group Courier (DHL / UPS / FedEx) accounts in coordination with Finance
- Maintain PVOC registrations for all Group shipment locations
Forecasting and Supplier Inventory Management:
- Coordinate and maintain a current forecast for all inventory based on current usage forecasts from all sources (engineering / Business development / VI markets)
- Where necessary to pre-purchase materials or manage supply, provide necessary forecasts to suppliers for products in their purview
- Manage the inventory that strategic suppliers have purchased on behalf of Zola
- Manage inventory that Zola has in consignment with all suppliers
- Align with leadership on need for future orders and create POs that are necessary to maintain inventory required for operations
Contract Manufacturing Coordination:
- Serve as primary point of contact for our contract manufacturer(s)
- Understand and communicate on build scheduling to all relevant executive stakeholders
- Coordinate with the contract manufacturer on inventory levels being held on behalf of Zola
- Release forecasts to the contract manufacturer, as necessary
- Coordinate between engineering and the contract manufacturer where production parts EOL and need to be requalified
Warehouse and Kitting Management:
- Determine the optimal number, size and location(s) of facilities such as distribution centers, cross docks, etc. (i.e. Network layout and Management)
- Evaluate, select, and negotiate terms and conditions with warehouse providers
- Ensure the security of product throughout the warehouse network
- Manage the accuracy of inventory listed in the ERP systems for Group warehouses (NetSuite)
- Promote and manage best practices for warehousing for Group warehouses
- Provide input on warehousing and distribution strategy for future business models
- Ensure the security of product throughout the warehouse network
- Develop the Group annual and monthly procurement framework that will be used to effectively plan for the procurement of goods and services with a focus on: Timely delivery of goods and services, obtaining the best value for money, utilizing buying power leverage
- Identify deviations and make recommendations to address supplier price or term deviations through consultation with the relevant parties
- Create and maintain procurement documentation for Group in consultation with Finance and Controls
- Advise internal customers on the appropriate procurement process to be followed
- Lead the tender process in adherence to the Group Procurement Policy
- Manage vendor relationships, including supplier performance to SLA and billing to contract
- Establish and maintain preferred vendors and negotiated rates for all high volume and high-value products in all markets
- Input into the development of the annual budgets based on operational and financial targets
- Monitor the operating budget to ensure expenditure is aligned to budget allocations
- Address budget variances to clarify over or under-spend
- Authorize expenses as per delegation of authority
- Create, maintain, and implement inventory financial control mechanisms incoordination with Group Finance
- Participate in regular cross-functional meetings and monthly performance meetings to discuss departmental performance and to highlight matters of concern
- Manage relationships with logistics service providers
- Coordinate with other departments internally as needed to achieve job activities
- Communicate to internal and external stakeholders in an effective and aligned manner
- Manage the recruitment of own team in collaboration with Human Capital Department
- Manage the performance of direct reports, ensuring agreement of annual goals, measuring performance against agreed goals and dealing with areas of non-performance
- Manage the development of staff to ensure the team receive adequate and relevant training to support career development
- Input into the development of succession plans for the supply chain functions.
- Lead, coach, and mentor direct reports and the team to foster personal growth and teamwork
- Always manage the administration of documentation to ensure availability and ease of retrieval
- B.Sc Degree in Business Administration or Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience defining and driving a manufacturing strategy (including metric definition and alternative testing methodologies)
- Experience with outsourced manufacturing, supplier qualification and quality engineering mix, low volume products
- Proficient in managing a global supply chain with expertise in low cost geographies, specifically in Africa
- Experience in procurement and vendor relationship management
Managerial and Technical Competencies:
- Relationship management skills
- Extensive analytical skills (to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions)
- Experience with data-driven management, KPI development and implementation
- Basic technical knowledge of solar modules, batteries, energy storage, consumer electronics and LEDs
- Experience in implementing Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems
- Financial modelling and budget management skills
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning & organizing skills
- Time management skills
- Quality focused
- Team Player
- Required to travel globally
- Willing to work extended hours.
*Logistics and Procurement Manager jobs in Nigeria
*Transportation / Logistics jobs in Lagos
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online
*Transportation / Logistics jobs in Nigeria