Job title : Logistics Analyst
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : March 03, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
- The Logistics Analyst oversees the entire life cycle of a product, including purchase, distribution, internal allotment, release, and final clearance of resources.
- The role also utilizes analytical methods and a variety of tools to understand, predict, and control logistics operations and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow up with Client on daily order availability and provide good trucks to fulfil the order
- Monitor the loaded trucks to destinations and ensure prompt waybill collection.
- Follow up with drivers to ensure on time delivery of client goods and escalate any form of delay in goods delivery to line manager for possible prompt resolution
- Onboard warehouse owners and truck owners capture all necessary details.
- Inspect trucks periodically to ensure only good working assets are allow to carry client goods.
- Responsible for managing route activities such as invoicing, electronic bills, and shipment tracing.
- Support vendor/business partner relationships.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining cost estimates, forecasts, and cost models.
- Execute day-to-day processes and perform data management applying a combination of data mining, data modeling, and data analysis; cost/benefit analysis and/or problem analysis.
- Undertake ad-hoc queries and maintain reports from a variety of resources as specific to department or organizational needs to support the business.
- Responsible for conducting analysis and creating reports of weekly and monthly KPIs and forecasts.
- Actively participate in transportation alignment and tracking performance to awards and cost.
- Responsible for auditing transportation accessorial charges by carrier and customer.
- Correct freight settlement documents to ensure the proper accruing of freight on a daily basis.
- Estimate distribution costs for new business opportunities/direct freight, DC Costs, etc.
- Responsible for performing cost comparisons of distribution center shipments versus plant direct opportunities.
- Identify potential clients that can be on-boarded
- Provide daily and weekly reports to the haulage team lead on the work done
- Clearly communicate to senior leaders (both internal and external), vendors and customers.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, or a related field.
- Experience in transportation, logistics, or customer service; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in computer databases, statistic applications, and logistics programs.
- Experience in data mining, analysis, and reporting.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, relational databases, and ERP systems (e.g. SAP).
- Familiarity with supply chain processes (e.g. inventory planning, warehouse management).
- Strong analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- Transportation / Logistics jobs
- Logistics Analyst jobs