Medecins Du Monde’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Logistician jobs in Borno
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : July 21, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Location: Maiduguri, Borno (Based in Maiduguri with regular field visits to sites of intervention)
Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
- Under the supervision of the field coordinator, you are in charge of supporting the logistics team for the smooth running of the base, following up the logistics activities to facilitate the operational part of the project with the resources, procedures and tools defined with the logistics coordinator.
- You also support the supply chain of MdM Damboa base.
- You supervise the deputy base logistician.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
Supply for the Implementation of the Base and the Program:
- Ensure the follow-up of the supply for the base and the project
- Establish and update purchasing timelines following the logistical constraints
- Supervise purchasing, ensuring that approval rules and procedures are observed
- Ensure that purchasing documents are completed and archived
- Regularize all purchases files.
- Update price lists, supplier files and purchase follow-up tools.
- Implement the risks management SOPs and take diligent measures.
Vehicle Fleet Management:
- Negotiate vehicle rental contracts
- Supervise the team of drivers, including scheduling, in line with MdM HR policies, safety rules and procedures
- Supervise the planning and execution of maintenance and repair work on mission vehicles
- Ensure that drivers are aware of their obligation to adhere to MdM safety rules and procedures
- Check that vehicle logbooks and other mandatory or legal document are in place and are used correctly.
Equipment and Asset Management:
- Ensure tagging of assets is done
- Ensure proper repairs and maintenance of equipments and assets
- Organize for disposal of obsolete equipments and assets.
- Proper record keeping of all organizational equipments and assets.
- Follow up on incident reports for damaged or lost equipment and assets.
Warehouse and Stock Management:
- Ensure warehouse security and personnel safety is observed.
- Check, on a daily basis, that all warehouse records are up to date and accurate
- Ensure the management of contingency and buffer stocks.
Compound and Facility Management:
- Ensure safety of MdM staff within the compounds
- Ensure firefighting equipments are placed on strategic positions.
- Ensure clear accessibility to all areas of concern within the compounds.
- Ensure that the compound has lights, water and other necessities all through.
IT & Communication:
- Ensure there is stable and reliable internet
- Support and ensure the rollout and use of VHF communication system
- Support in the training of staff on VHF use and communication.
- Supervise the team of guards, including scheduling
- Ensure the regular order for the guesthouse
- Ensure the maintenance of the base.
- Upgrade and develop facilities for the living area of the expatriates.
Construction Activities Management:
- Monitor the construction activities
- Review tenders, BoQs, designs and drawing for construction
- Follow up to ensure the plan and BoQ are strictly respected.
- Support the logistics coordinator in all aspects of security measures
- Ensure implementation of the security protocols by the drivers and guards, as well as through procurement procedures.
- Recruit and monitor the performance of the logistics team
- Provide technical support to the logistics team
- Assist the deputy base logistician in maintaining good inter-team communications and engender good team dynamics.
- Diploma or Certificate in Logistics Management
- At least 2 years of professional experience in logistics
- At least one previous experience with an INGO is required
- Experience in fleet management, supply chain and stock.
- Languages: English is mandatory (oral and written), and knowledge of Hausa or French is an asset.
Conditions of Employment
- Gross Monthly Salary: 2660 euros
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation)
- Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite), minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
- M?decins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online