International Rescue Committee’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Livelihoods Officer jobs in Yobe
Job Location : Yobe
Deadline : November 27, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Requisition ID: req20870
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Job Overview / Summary
- The Livelihoods Officer will support the technical implementation of the Urban Livelihoods project, Resilient Futures, by directly overseeing project activity implementation in the selected intervention communities in Yobe State.
- He/she will supervise Livelihood Assistants to implement the Entrepreneurship & Employability trainings, Apprenticeship placements, and Local Stakeholder Collaboration activities.
Urban Livelihood Programming:
- Provide close supervision and monitoring to the Livelihood Assistants in implementing project related activities in the field
- Responsible for the selection and verification of beneficiaries in coordination with community committee and authorities and the use of selection criteria
- Actively engage and support in community sensitization activities on selection criteria and stakeholder feedback process.
- Develop weekly program and monitoring plans
- Maintain clear communication with beneficiaries, community stakeholders, trainers, employers in accordance with IRC policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with trainers on the schedule of business training and ensure that logistics and venue for beneficiary training is organized.
- Work with the Communication Officer to organize stakeholder and community engagement meetings to engage community stakeholders and feedback.
- Conduct field visits to project sites and meet with community leaders to select specific vulnerable locations for targeting and ensure a conducive community mobilization system.
- Contribute in the production of technical support materials and guide program teams on the delivery of mechanisms that will ensure effective implementation of livelihoods interventions as well as early recovery.
Monitoring & Evaluation and reporting:
- Support in conducting community mapping assessments or labour market assessment in the targeted communities
- Supervise the execution of spot checks and project beneficiary monitoring
- Under the supervision of Program Manager conduct baseline and end line surveys
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to: Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) Manager
- Position directly supervises: Livelihood Assistants, Casual workers
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Development Studies or related field
- Work Experience: Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in the relevant filed.
- Demonstrated Skills and Competencies: Proven practical experience in cash and livelihoods programming. Past experience in working early recovery projects.
- Coordination experience with different partners and stakeholders
- Language Skills: Good written and spoken English. Ability to communicate in local languages (Hausa and Kanuri) will be an added advantage
- Working Environment IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law
Standards of Professional Conduct:
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
*Agriculture / Agro-Allied jobs in Nigeria
*Agriculture / Agro-Allied jobs in Yobe
*Livelihoods Officer in Yobe
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online