Stresert Services Limited’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Litigation Lawyer jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : May 31, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Our client a reputable Law Firm is looking to fill the role of Litigation Lawyer
Location: Lagos Island
- Lead and participate in client briefings/meetings
- Lead and make useful contributions in case strategy meetings and prepare analysis/opinions as required
- Carry out thorough legal research with very little or no supervision
- Draft and review briefs, statements, processes, and other documentations in relation to matters handled by the firm
- Prepare witnesses for trial and engage with clients
- Make court appearances, attend meetings, sessions, hearings and/or court proceedings (either alone or with a supervisor) in respect of matters handled by the firm
- Lead settlement meetings as may be required or deemed necessary under certain circumstances
- Prepare update letters and promptly communicate with clients on the status of their matters
- Write articles and newsletters periodically on topics relevant to the practice areas of the firm
- Participate in legal events as may be organized by the firm; and
- Carry out all other duties as may be related to the above scope including liaising with government agencies, court registrars etc.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL. B) Minimum of a Second Class (Lower Division).
- Masters’ degree is an added advantage.
- Proven and solid 5-8 years’ experience in litigation in a reputable law firm. He/She will be required to prepare a brief at the interview stage.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and the ability to lead a team effectively.
- Strong research, intellectual and analytical skills.
- Sound command of English language (oral and written) is a requirement and will be tested at the interview stage.
- Ability to write articles, newsletters and other thought leadership publications.
- Ability to use Microsoft applications.
- Ability to identify key legal issues quickly and efficiently.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.