ExxonMobil’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Litigation Attorney jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : 15-Oct-21
Quick Recommended Links
Job Role Summary
- Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited, an ExxonMobil affiliate incorporated in Nigeria, is one of the largest crude oil and natural gas producers in Nigeria. MPN is looking for an Attorney with strong litigation experience to manage a varied docket of commercial, environmental, land and tort matters.
- The Attorney will handle a variety of matters and will work independently with supervision that is appropriate for the attorneyÛªs level of experience.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Actively manage a wide docket of commercial, environmental, land and tort matters, including responsibility for case strategy, legal analysis, witness preparation, depositions, judicial proceedings.
- Provide legal counsel and support as needed on various risk management issues.
- Coordinate and interface with outside counsel to ensure proper handling of matters where outside counsel is retained.
- Handle a significant case load.
- Review documents and pleadings as relevant and necessary associated with the above matters.
- Communicate with and advise business clients and law management regarding case status and key milestones.
- Work and coordinate with, and provide and seek advice from, other lawyers.
Expected Level of Proficiency
- Bachelor of Laws and ÛÒ minimum of Second Class Honours.
- Barrister at Law from the Nigerian Law School and licensed to practice in Nigeria.
- Strong academic record, a MasterÛªs Degree in Law will be an added advantage.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Highest ethical standards and integrity.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment and work both independently and as part of an integrated legal team.
- At least Ten years of post-call legal experience, all of which is in litigation.
- Preference for energy industry experience.
- Experience in handling and managing significant and complex litigation matters.
- Knowledge of Civil Procedure and Rules of Evidence.
- Ability to travel domestically, as needed.
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidates will be made a conditional offer of employment. The conditions include, but are not limited to:
- A satisfactory criminal records disclosure;
- Satisfactory employment references over five years;
- Verification of qualifications, including any professional accreditation stated in the application;
- Completion of a pre-employment medical, including a test for illicit or unprescribed drugs in accordance with the Company’s safety policies;
- And the legal right to work on the agreed commencement date.
*Litigation Attorney jobs in Nigeria
*Law / Legal jobs in Lagos
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to apply online
*Law / Legal jobs in Nigeria