Job title : Librarian jobs in Edo
Job Location : Edo
Deadline : May 20, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- The college Librarian is a Principal Officer of the college and is responsible to the Provost for the day to day administration, coordination and control of the Library of the institution.
- He frames the overall Library policy, Liaises with the various departments in the College and prepares library budgets.
- He is responsible for establishing policy of library exchange and performs others duty that may be assigned by the Provost.
Qualifications and Qualities
- Applicants must possess a Doctorate degree in Library and Information Science with at least ten (10) years cognate experience in an institution of higher learning, or a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science, with a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience, or a Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science in addition to a minimum of eighteen (18) years cognate experience in an institution of Higher Learning.
- Must have attended the rank of chief Librarian or Deputy Librarian for a period of at list five (5) years or two (2) years respectively
- Must not be more than 55 years of age at the point of assumption of duty.
- Must be morally sound and of impeccable character.
- Must enjoy excellent physical and mental health, evidenced by Government Medical Officer’s report
- Must show evidence of membership of relevant library professional bodies and registration with the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN)
- Must be proficient in Digital and Automated Library Systems and contemporary application deployment as well as web Literacy and Digital Information Management Proficiency.
Terms of Appointment / Condition of Service
- The appointment for the position is for one single non-renewable term of five (5) years.
- The salary and other benefits of the Librarian is approved from time to time by the Edo State Govemment.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should attach to their Applications, thirty (30) type-written copies of their Curriculum Vitae, giving the details in the following order:
- Full names (Surname first and underlined).
- Date and Place of Birth.
- State of Origin and Local Government Area.
- Nationality and how acquired.
- Marital Status.
- Number and ages of children.
- Current Postal Address including telephone number and e-mail.
- Educational institutions attended with dates.
- Academic and Professional qualifications with dates.
- Membership of Professional Bodies / Associations.
- Honours and Distinctions, if any.
- Academic / Scholarly publications.
- Conferences attended and papers presented with dates.
- Previous Employer(s) and post(s) held with dates.
- Present Employment to include status, salary, duties and any other relevant experience.
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and address of three(3) referees (preferable employer, educational and personal).
All Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope, by courier, and marked “Application for the Position of Chief Lecturer (Agricultural Engineering)” at the top left-hand corner to
The Hon. Commissioner,
Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security,
Ezoti Street, Benin City,
Edo State, Nigeria.
- Applicants should advise their referees to forward their reports under confidential cover by courier to the Hon. Commissioner at the address above.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
- Administrative / Management jobs
- Librarian jobs
- Salary Offer: *********