Job title : Legal Officer
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : October 18, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Our client, a leading indigenous trading and logistic organisation is looking to recruit a highly skilled Legal Officer who will oversee the company’s Legal practices, processes, and strategies to achieve the overall corporate vision.
- Providing legal guidance on a wide range of legal matters such as contracts, regulatory compliance, litigation, employment law, intellectual property and corporate governance.
- Overseeing the operation of the legal department.
- Conducting legal training for staff.
- Identifying and mitigating legal risks.
- Developing and implementing legal procedures and policies to ensure the company’s compliance with applicable laws.
- Drafting, negotiating and vetting contracts, legal documents and agreements.
- Conducting legal research to ensure the organisation is up-to-date with the latest legal changes.
- Representing the company in legal proceedings, working with outside counsel when required.
- Other duties or responsibilities that may be provided by the organisation.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- A strong educational background, including a bachelor’s degree in law or a related field acquired from an accredited institution. Additionally, a master’s degree in law or business administration will be welcomed.
- The right to practice law in your jurisdiction.
- In-depth legal expertise, with an understanding of legal principles and practices, alongside specific knowledge in the realm of contract law, employment law, intellectual property, and litigation.
- Natural leadership and management skills, including an ability to communicate in an assertive and clear manner to those who have a strong understanding of the law, and those with novice knowledge.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, demonstrating your ability to assess and understand complex legal issues, and provide strategic advice.
- A leader in ethics, integrity and diversity and inclusion campaigns. Excellent business acumen in regard to understanding business operation and objectives, permitting your provision of legal advice aligning with business strategy.
- Living close to Victoria Island will be a major advantage.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Law / Legal jobs
- Legal Officer jobs