Job title : Legal Officer
Job Location : Not specified
Deadline : November 29, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
The job holder is responsible for drafting, reviewing, updating, filling, reporting, and providing day-to-day legal support within the assigned Region.
- Draft, analyze, and review legal agreements, legislation, and documents for the Region.
- Provide first-level advisory on documents with legal implications for workgroups and functions within the Region.
- Maintain an up-to-date filling system for all legal documents and cases related to the Region.
- Execute departmental initiatives within the Region.
- Provide direction and assign tasks to the personnel within the Legal Unit
- Identify legal risk areas within the Region and escalate for proper mitigations.
- Render periodic reports on all legal-related matters within the Region
- Track adherence to legal policies and procedures within the Region
- Work closely with external solicitors within the Region and track their deliverables in alignment with the terms of reference/service level agreements.
- Oversee the readiness of all stakeholders for court appearances.
- Coordinate the process of preparing court cases in the Region such as taking depositions, preparing pre-trial briefs, evidence gathering, and draft pleadings for filing.
- Participate in the periodic sensitization on legal pronouncements on select subjects with the hope of minimizing or eliminating legal risk.
- Following up on cases filed against the organization and preparation of legal reports and Opinions
- Any other task as assigned by the Line Manager
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) degree from a recognized institution.
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association.
- Minimum of 4 years experience with 2 years occupying a similar position in a model organization.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Law / Legal jobs
- Legal Officer jobs