Job title : Legal and Compliance Manager
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : March 08, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
About the role
Klasha is seeking to hire an apt and dynamic candidate for the role of Legal and Compliance Manager who will, amongst other things, be responsible for the reviewing of all relevant statutory laws and regulations applicable to the company.
The candidate will be responsible for providing legal, analytical and administrative management to the company, with a heavy focus on managing the company’s litigation portfolio, providing guidance and support to external counsel, administering corporate compliance, responding to regulatory inquiries, assisting with company audits, and reviewing policies and contracts. This position requires the ability to work independently, communicate complex concepts in concise terms, prioritise tasks, and work with various departments efficiently.
- Review all relevant statutory laws and regulations applicable to the company and ensure compliance.
- Ensure that business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all regulatory permissions remain current and appropriate for business needs.
- Ensure continual compliance with risk assessment of company practices together with the development of internal policies and procedures, and compliance training and protocols.
- Serve as the liaison for all regulatory bodies as well as maintaining relationships with relevant legal bodies and trade associations.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and industry initiatives, and advise management accordingly.
- Liaise with third parties, together with the company’s management, that wish to understand the company’s control environment, compliance policies and procedures.
- Provide reports with respect to regulatory requirements and developments.
- Develop compliance checklists and prepare compliance reports, as and when due.
- Inform the Internal Audit unit of any findings as regards non-compliance that may require investigation.
- Ensuring compliance with best practices.
- Participate in Business Process re-engineering exercises to ensure controls therein.
- Carry out review of SLA Manuals to ensure applicable regulatory laws are incorporated.
- Liaise with auditors, external lawyers, tax advisers, bankers and shareholders.
- Preparation of compliance documentation with relevant constitutive documents for statutory, legal, regulatory purposes.
- Liaison with all the subsidiaries within the company’s group, service providers, external legal advisers, and government agencies.
- Maintenance and review of legal agreements.
- Ensuring the company meets its compliance obligations under relevant laws and the requirements of regulatory authorities.
- Negotiation, drafting and implementation of the terms of agreements in all business contracts and agreements.
- Responsible for providing legal support in controlling customer complaints to mitigate the risk of litigation.
- Review all documentation that has legal implications for the company prior to signing and implementing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law.
- LLM (an advantage).
- A minimum of 5 years experience and at least 3 years compliance experience preferably within the financial services environment. Fintech industry experience preferable.
- Technology savvy.
- High level of determination and tenacity.
- Good understanding of compliance activities in financial services.
- Experience of developing and managing compliance monitoring programmes
- Articulate with effective communication skills and the ability to communicate with individuals both internal and external to the company (lawyers, regulators, auditors) at all levels.
- Fully conversant with NAICOM, SEC, NSE, CAC, NFIU, IFRS, and other regulatory directives and guidelines.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Law / Legal jobs
- Legal and Compliance Manager jobs