African Development Bank’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Leadership and Employee Development Officer jobs in Not specified
Job Location : Not specified
Deadline : December 22, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Position Number: 50053027
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Position Grade: PL5
- The Vice-Presidency, Corporate Services and Human Resources (CHVP) ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the BankÛªs corporate services.
- The complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of BankÛªs strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity and, health and safety strategies.
The Hiring Department / Division
- The role of the Human Resources Management Department is to develop and execute a People Strategy, Policies, processes and practices which will enable the Bank to achieve its strategic Agenda. Core to the HR Strategy will be the attraction, development, engagement, motivation and retention of a best-in-class workforce.
- In order to create a truly transformed HR work-way, CHHR department is structured around four areas of expertise: Policies, Contracts & Processes for thought leadership in policy development, contracts and best practice benchmarking, Client Relations & Staff Engagement for strategy, internal consulting, client contracting, engagement and HR delivery, Talent & Development for thought leadership, design, talent and staff development and training and best practice benchmarking, Operations, Methods & Compliance for transactional excellence and employees outreach. This HR Model aims to deliver a strong employee life-cycle experience.
- The Talent and Development Division embeds a strategic approach to human resource development and management that results in more effective talent and performance management including strategic staffing, talent management, performance management, leadership development and learning.
- Reporting to the Division Manager, Talent & Development, the Leadership and Employee Development Officer is responsible for planning, administration and delivering of the training and capacity development programs in the Bank. S/he oversees the operational delivery of learning programs for staff and leaders in the Bank to support organisational change.
Under the overall supervision of the Division Manager, Talent & Development, the incumbent will undertake the following:
- Lead in designing learning and development plans, programs and material that meet identified learning needs; and enhance performance, support individual development plans and responds to organizational changes.
- Identify available staff training and development opportunities both in-house and externally and recommend strategies for harnessing such opportunities to management using multiple instructional methodologies and technologies.
- Ensure that programs designed and implemented are targeted to accomplish competencies for leadership roles, specific jobs or job families.
- Identify and implement key metrics to determine overall effectiveness and relevance of learning programs and leadership initiatives in supporting business needs/ strategic goals.
- Analyze and assess the L&D delivery mechanisms, processes, procedures and tools and identify efficiency improvement opportunities towards more efficient use of training resources and enhanced effectiveness of L&D policies and programs.
- Take the lead in preparing the annual training and staff development budget in consultation with the Division Manager, Talent & Development. Accordingly, act as the Division budget coordinator to administer and monitor budget implementation and provide for adequate control and monitoring mechanisms.
- Develop and analyse post-training evaluations to determine relevance and impact of programs offered.
- Ensure that all training activities are adequately recorded, maintain related L&D bases and provide all training related reporting; statistics and KPIs.
- Provide input in the annual appraisal reports and on training and development activities and recommend process improvements to these.
- Participate in (and where necessary, lead) the selection of training providers and provide related contract administration and management.
- Manage and coordinate work of training team.
- Ensure that training offered is adequately communicated across the Bank.
Competencies (Skills, Experience and Knowledge)
- Hold at least a Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Organisational Development, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Public Sector Management or related discipline. Additional professional qualification/certification in Human Resources Management, Learning and Development is advantageous.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in HR, especially in Training and Development, Leadership Development, Service Delivery and other related HR field.
- Good knowledge of training and staff development design and delivery mechanisms.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems and virtual/e-learning technology.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills; Advanced knowledge and mastery of spread sheets, database software and related tools.
- Ability to compile, analyse complex data with high numerical proficiency.
- Ability to plan, organise, coordinate, multitask and prioritise under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Ability to drive change.
- Marked ability to influence policy development and relate work to wider operational needs of the business.
- Ability to interact with senior management and influence decision making.
- Ability to manage multi-disciplinary projects.
- Ability to oversee contract management, budget and procurement rules.
- Previous supervisory/management experience is an added advantage.
- Problem Solving.
- Client Orientation.
- Team working and relations.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in French or English, preferably with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications.
*Human Resources jobs in Nigeria
*Human Resources jobs in Not specified
*Leadership and Employee Development Officer in Not specified
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online