Job title : Lead Project Auditor – Mechanical
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : December 15, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- The Mechanical Engineer for Refinery Construction and Infrastructure Audit is responsible for providing technical expertise and oversight related to mechanical systems during the construction phase of a refinery project.
- Additionally, this role involves conducting comprehensive audits of existing mechanical infrastructure within the refinery to ensure safety, reliability, and compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- The engineer will work closely with the construction team, project managers, and other engineering disciplines to ensure that mechanical systems are designed, installed, and maintained in a manner that meets all operational requirements.
Refinery Construction Phase:
- Review mechanical design plans and specifications to ensure compliance with engineering standards and applicable codes.
- Provide technical support during the installation and commissioning of mechanical systems, including equipment, pipelines, pressure vessels, and other related components.
- Collaborate with the construction team to resolve any mechanical design issues that arise during the construction process.
- Conduct regular inspections to verify that mechanical installations adhere to safety standards and quality requirements.
- Perform thorough audits of existing mechanical infrastructure within the refinery to identify potential hazards, inefficiencies, and opportunities for improvement.
- Evaluate the condition and functionality of mechanical equipment, pipelines, storage tanks, and other mechanical components.
- Identify areas where upgrades or modifications are necessary to ensure compliance with safety standards and to enhance system performance.
- Develop comprehensive audit reports detailing findings, recommendations, and proposed action plans.
Compliance and Safety:
- Ensure that all mechanical systems and equipment comply with relevant industry codes, standards, and regulations.
- Collaborate with the safety department to implement safety protocols for mechanical installations and maintenance activities.
- Recommend and implement measures to mitigate mechanical hazards and enhance safety within the refinery.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate records of mechanical installations, modifications, and audit findings.
- Generate progress reports, audit reports, and other documentation as required by management and regulatory authorities.
- Participate in project planning and scheduling related to mechanical aspects of refinery construction and infrastructure audits.
- Coordinate with project managers, contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure timely completion of mechanical engineering tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- Advanced degrees or certifications are a plus.
- Previous experience minimum of 15 years’ experience in mechanical engineering within the refinery, petrochemical, or heavy industrial sectors
- Experience in construction project management, mechanical system design, and infrastructure audits is highly valued.
- Proficiency in relevant mechanical engineering codes, standards, and regulations (e.g., ASME, API).
- Familiarity with refinery processes and equipment is beneficial.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities to work effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Attention to detail and a strong commitment to safety and compliance.
- QMS(ISO 9001:2015 Lead auditor), PMP, NSE, COREN are mandatory.
- Foreign expertise are encouraged to apply
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Engineering / Technical jobs
- Lead Project Auditor – Mechanical jobs