Job title : Lead Financial & Process Control jobs in Anambra
Job Location : Anambra
Deadline : April 30, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Reliable Steel and Plastic Industries Limited, a leading production company located in Anambra State, Nigeria, is currently seeking a highly motivated and results-driven individual to join our team in our Internal Control and Audit Department.
The internal control officer will be responsible for ensuring a strong internal control environment through the development and enforcement of policies and procedures, ensuring their implementation and monitoring compliance. The position will work to foster standardization and consistency across the company’s business processes and internal controls especially at the backend. This role is responsible for improving our organization’s internal control structure and production operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, protect against fraud and theft of the organization’s assets and make recommendations on how to improve internal controls. Review existing accounting and financial controls and other legal compliance processes in place and make any necessary revisions or additions and communicates urgent changes immediately with department managers and staff. Developing strategies that work to minimize financial risk and production loss. Reviews and appraises the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of accounting and proper application of accounting and financial controls, compliance procedures and controls and timeliness of documentation generation.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
The key result areas of this role are:
- Effectiveness of control measures
- Control of operational losses and leakages
- Enterprise wide cost control & consciousness
- Efficiency in raw material utilization / wastage control
- Efficiency in other inventory control and monitory
- Rate of compliance to controls / staff discipline
- Own the design, implementation, documentation, assessment and monitoring internal control framework, including the company’s policies and key risks in order to ensure that the company has adequate controls to prevent unintentional and intentional errors in financial reporting, processes and business operations.
- Formulate policies and procedures to improve internal controls, compliance and efficiency.
- Lead the process for internal controls reviews across the company.
- Deliver adequate and timely reporting on the internal control framework and control deficiencies to ensure appropriate communication, documentation, escalation to business partners, senior leadership.
- Deliver adequate and timely action plans and monitor progress to address and resolve control deficiencies
- Work collaboratively with business and process owners to implement and monitor remediation efforts that result from internal control assessments, ensuring the effective implementation of corrective action.
- Actively seek standardization and automation, apply and implement best practices for managing internal controls and deploy innovative technology where possible to enhance and continuously improve the design and operating effectiveness of the controls, documentation, and assessment and review procedures.
- Actively engage with internal and external auditors to ensure consideration and resolution of all relevant risks and audit findings.
- Develop and conduct adequate training and prepare related information material on the internal control objectives, approach and methodology to business partners on a regular basis to build knowledge and understanding of risks and control frameworks.
- Design internal control framework within each key processes of major functions/stream (e.g. Finance & Accounts, Production, Assembling, Supply Chain, etc.,) to ensure the risk/negative exposures can be properly controlled.
- Evaluate on a periodic basis the effectiveness of the key controls via testing or other methods.
- Provide observation and recommendation to various control owners for improving the control, and follow up within reasonable timeframe.
- Provide informative report to management on areas where key controls should be implemented or updated with significant impact (positive or negative) to the organization.
- Coordinate with functional teams for necessary training to the staff for the purpose of improving control adherence.
- Review goals of staff daily and identify root cause if goal was not obtained.
- Set performance expectation and target as well as review all internal control employees’ performance.
- Conduct monthly performance appraisals for all internal Control employees and communicate information to HR and Executive Management
- Bachelor’s degree/HND in finance and Accounting or related field; MBA or advanced degree in accounting, Finance is a plus; Professional Qualification such as ACA, ACCA or CFA.
- 10+ years Solid knowledge of auditing, accounting, finance and risk management, Interpreting financial and other records in high volume manufacturing operations with at least 2Years in managerial role.
- Strong analytical skill set both numerical as well as legal.
- Advanced computer software skills, especially Excel (ability to work with complex formulas), Power point and Word.
- Strong contribution of technical, leadership, written & oral communication, team collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Adept in process management and proven understanding and application of risk management frameworks.
- Critical understanding in the establishment and operation of internal control mechanisms.
- Working Conditions – The Lead Financial & Process Control is required to sit for extended periods of time and operate a computer which requires dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other devices. The person must also be physically able participate in factory rounds, meetings and training sessions that require constant talking and listening.
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes to email@example.com using LEAD FINANCIAL & PROCESS CONTROL as the subject of the mail
- Our employees are our most valuable assets, and we are committed to creating a supportive and inclusive work environment. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and opportunities for professional growth, as well as a positive and collaborative culture.
- Join us at Reliable Steel and Plastic Industries Limited (RSPIL) and be a part of a company that values innovation, quality, and employee satisfaction.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Lead Financial & Process Control jobs
- Salary Offer: *********