Owens and Xley’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Kitchen Operations Supervisor jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : October 12, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Location: Yaba, Lagos.
Salary: #80,000 to #100,000.
Our client, a fast-growing fast food, is seeking to hire the services of an operations supervisor with several years’ experience, who organizes and oversees the work done by a team of chefs and other kitchen staff. The operations supervisor works with the whole restaurant team – chefs, kitchen assistants and front-of-house staff, and often prepares food as well. They also deal with suppliers of equipment and contractors, such as market vendors, cleaning companies…etc.
- Managing the kitchen porters
- Making sure that the food is prepared to a high quality, at the right price and on time.
- Planning menus, taking into account special dietary requirements.
- Ordering ingredients and negotiating with suppliers.
- Keeping control of the budget and increasing profit margins.
- Deciding what needs to be done and delegating to members of the team.
- Producing duty rotas.
- Interviewing, recruiting, training and disciplining staff.
- Keeping computer records on staff, suppliers, food orders and accounts.
- Ensuring kitchen hygiene and dealing with environmental health inspections.
- Organizing the inventory, storage, and distribution of foodstuffs and supplies
- Helping to plan menus, apportion ingredients and use food surpluses
- Control portion costs by working out the number of portions per food batch
- In some jobs, will be required to cook
- A degree in restaurant management or any relevant field
- Experience working in a kitchen, perhaps as a kitchen porter or commis chef
- Cooking/Culinary skills is a MUST have
- Ability to plan menus and order materials and ingredients accordingly
- Familiarization with a wide variety of recipes
- Great organizational skills
- Good conflict management skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work extensive hours throughout the day
- Good Managerial and Leadership skills
- Ability to multitask
- Health and safety or food hygiene qualifications is an advantage
*Kitchen Operations Supervisor jobs in Nigeria
*Hospitality / Hotel / Restaurant jobs in Lagos
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.
*Hospitality / Hotel / Restaurant jobs in Nigeria