Owens and Xley’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Kitchen Manager
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : October 06, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Our client, a fast growing catering company, is looking to hire the services of an experienced and qualified Kitchen Manager. This role is responsible for overseeing food service operations and day-to-day operations of the kitchen and maximizing these operations such that the business is profitable. This role will provide direction to kitchen staff, ensure efficient and cost-effective execution of all event catering briefs whilst ensuring that food preparation and service comply with food safety standards and the clientÛªs needs.
- Collaborate with the operations Manager in getting and mapping out cooking execution plan for all events.
- Schedule kitchen staff tasks and supervise food preparation & cooking for successful execution of catering projects.
- Drive 100% efficiency in the kitchen. Draw out kitchen operations plan for each event, assign tasks to the team and drive full adherence to timelines.
- Create standard measurements for all kitchen stock, establish portion sizes; track and drive strict use of this whilst cooking for events.
- Carry out quality control checks in the kitchen and ensure that food quantity, packaging and distribution are in line with specifications for each event.
- Track all costs associated with Tash BistroÛªs kitchen, reduce unnecessary costs to the barest minimum through tracking and ingredients portion control.
- Collaborate with the Finance team to determine appropriate costs for Tash BistroÛªs menu.
- Perform staff management, expense control, stock monitoring, stock requisition and menu design and food preparation.
- Oversee food preparation, transportation and set-up activities to ensure successful event.
- Collaborate with the inventory officer to prevent damaged, expired or out of stock ingredients.
- Ensure strict adherence to all health and safety regulations.
- Monitor and dive strict adherence to sanitation and safety standards.
- monitoring the quality of the product and service provided
- Train kitchen staff on the kitchen processes and policies.
- BSc/HND in restaurant management or a related field.
- Certification from a culinary school is a key requirement.
Minimum 3 yearsÛª experience as a kitchen Manager/Supervisor.
Proven work experience managing the kitchen in a quick service restaurant.
- Hands-on experience with planning menus.
- Knowledge of a wide range of recipes.
- Familiarity with kitchen sanitation and safety regulations.
- Ability to manage a team in a fast-paced work environment
- Flexibility to work during evenings and weekends
- Must display the zeal to keep learning and must have a strong sense of responsibility.
- Need to display patience and have the ability to manage and co-ordinate people for results.
- Must display the ability to create unique and innovative menu.
- Must have a passion for teaching, directing and co-ordinating.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.