2 weeks ago
Job title : Junior Internal Control and Audit Officer
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : July 07, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Participate in audit reviews, examination of records, reports and operating practices within the departments/divisions.
- Obtain relevant and sufficient audit evidence.
- Validate audit findings and prepare preliminary audit report and recommendations.
- Review business processes, identify and recommend process improvement opportunities for better efficiency or control in the organization.
- Facilitate periodic update of Company-wide policies and procedures with emerging leading practices, enhanced controls.
- Support the Head, Internal Audit in the development and tracking of the Company’s annual audit plans and programs.
- Compile and maintain audit work papers with accurate referencing and circulate reports to relevant stakeholders.
- Assist in reviewing administrative processes and procedures with a view to explore possible improvement opportunities and take precautionary measures against identified gaps.
- Carry out research and provide relevant data as required to support external audit processes and liaise with external auditors as required.
- Keep abreast with federal, state and local financial and legal requirements to ensure the organization is in compliance with regulations.
- Assist in the preparation of a concise and informative final audit report to effectively communicate the findings and recommendations of the department.
- Monitor and ascertain the establishment of various control mechanisms, procedures and practices, their implementation and adequacies.
- Participate in the departmental meetings and activities as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head, Internal Audit.
- Key Performance Indicators – Internal Audit Officer Performance Indicators
- Level of execution/achievement against internal audit plan.
- Accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of reports.
- Number of investigations successfully conducted.
- Number and significance of issues/ inconsistencies and process improvement opportunities identified in business processes.
- Number of action items developed and implemented.
- Ability to use MS office tools proficiently
- Other KPIs as may be defined in line with changing business environment.
Minimum Education Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related discipline
- Professional qualifications in any of ICAN, ACA, ACCA etc. would be an added advantage
Work Experience Requirements:
- 1 – 3 years’ experience as an Internal Auditor
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Junior Internal Control and Audit Officer jobs