About Jemi Neil Consulting’s Job offer
Job title : Head, Internal Audit
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : February 28, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Department: Internal Audit Department
Reports to: Audit Committee with administrative oversight from the CFO
Our client a leading fintech/digital technology company is seeking to hire an experienced and qualified professional for the position of Head, Internal Audit. The Head, Internal Audit will be responsible for ensuring that the Internal Audit Function provides an independent assessment of the adequacy of Organizations’ internal systems and controls, including the systems for appropriate identification and evaluation of risk and for ensuring compliance with all applicable law and regulation. To draw any weaknesses or shortcomings noted to the attention of management.
- To apply a risk-based approach to the review of the systems and controls of the Organization through the development of an annual programme of audit review work.
- To discuss the findings of audit reviews with management on a constructive basis in order to develop the most appropriate, proportionate solutions to issues arising.
- To manage the co-sourcing arrangement with the external auditors as required.
- The Head of Internal Audit must be approved by the FSA to perform the controlled function “CF28 -; Internal Audit”.
- To provide an independent challenge to the business view of risk as articulated via the framework.
- To promote risk management best practice across the Organization
- To report the results of audit reviews, including management responses and proposed action plans to address issues arising, to the Management
- To perform follow-up work ensuring management progress actions within the agreed time scales and to escalate failure to progress actions as the Head of Internal Audit deems appropriate.
- To perform ad hoc investigations and reviews at the request of the Audit Committees.
The ideal candidate for this role should be able to demonstrate:
- Interacting and Communicating
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Change and Innovation
- Attention to detail
- Works well under pressure
- Highly developed investigative skills
- Good time management
- Ability to use own initiative
- Strong analytical skills
- Personal and Team Development
- Client Focus and
- Delivering Excellence
- Leading and Inspiring Professional manner
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- A first degree in Banking, Finance, Accounting and or any other related discipline.
- Possession of a Master’s degree and or professional qualifications shall be an added advantage.
- Above 9 years audit experience, including practical internal audit experience with excellent knowledge of internal control concepts, auditing techniques and reporting
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and or have a professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA)
- Good knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here