Main One Cable’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : IT System Engineer jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : July 06, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Location: Fabac, Lagos
Department: Corporate Services & Development
Job Type: Permanent
- Responsible for design, installation, setup, and administration of current and future Infrastructure deployments such as Virtualization Solutions, Storage Systems and Cloud IaaS Solutions in a 24x7x365 environment.
- Work with team members including infrastructure engineers, database administrators, software development engineers and business liaisons to obtain data and storage requirements and deliver solutions to meet business needs.
- Capacity planning and implementation of SAN Storage infrastructure.
- Performance monitoring, troubleshooting proactive support analysis.
- Manage and support the Enterprise Backup Solution, and Tape Library system in a SAN environment and develop refined backup procedures and policies.
- Manage, Maintain and Support VMware Virtualization and Hyper-V infrastructure.
- Work with infrastructure owners to test and verify data archives
- Schedule backup jobs based on documented procedures and schedules.
- Day-to-day proactive monitoring, including monitoring error logs, database and log space, user activity, and resource utilization.
- Create scripts to automate system administration duties, database maintenance procedures and implement best practices, guidelines and policies.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- A Minimum of B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science, Electrical / Electronics Engineering or any related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Enterprise Virtualization Solutions, VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V, Storage and Backup Solutions.
- Certifications in VMware, EMC and other Virtualization/Storage/Backup Technology Required.
- Certification in Virtualization, Hardware & Operating Systems Maintenance, MS SQL, VMC on AWS and Microsoft Azure will be an advantage.
Demands of the Job:
- Process-driven, with strong analytical and planning skills.
- Technical & Professional proficiency.
- Strong coaching and team leadership skills.
- Very good problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Vendor relationship and negotiating skills.
- Business communication and project management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with relevant areas of the business.
- Knowledge of and experience with:
- Information systems
- Unix/Linux, Windows AD, ERPs, LANS/WANS
- Windows Server Environment, Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Exchange
- Software development languages
- Enterprise backup Solutions
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online