Job title : Interns
Job Location : Bauchi
Deadline : September 30, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- The overall goal of the internship: The internship with WCS is to provide hands-on training and field experience to help produce a new generation of biologists to support our work to save threatened wildlife and habitat in Cross River and Bauchi States, Nigeria. At the same time, the internship is expected to provide additional support in the field to assist in the conservation and management of WCS sites in both locations.
Specific internship objectives and work description:
- The Intern’s primary duties will be to work closely with the WCS Project Coordinators on our sites, assisting the project manager in organizing law enforcement patrols of our sites.
- The Intern will be provided with training and field experience to familiarize himself with the new SMART system for law enforcement monitoring.
- The Intern will participate in our anti-poaching and wildlife monitoring patrols. By directly participating in patrols, the Intern will assist with supervising and monitoring rangers in the field and recording data using SMART. The Intern will also help our project managers download data from SMART input devices in the field, conduct data analysis, and report writing.
- The Intern will support conservation education and livelihood activities in our sites when necessary or as directed by the Project Coordinators.
- Candidates must be bona fide; law-abiding Citizens of Nigeria.
- Candidates must have graduated from fields relevant to the work and mission Of WCS, and preferably a BSc/HND in
- Pure & Biological Sciences/Humanities
Applicants in Calabar must speak fluent English, and Bauchi applicants must speak fluent English and Hausa
- Candidates must be committed to and enthusiastic about conservation and sustainable development.
- They must be willing to undertake long-distance camping patrols with rangers on foot and withstand rugged field conditions.
- Must have substantial physical fitness and resilience with an effective “roll up the sleeves” work ethic.
- Must adapt to a multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Must be able to work in remote and rugged terrains with limited or no GSM coverage.
How to Apply for this Offer
Applications should consist of a 1-page CV, a cover letter, and a coloured copy of your degree certificate and be sent to email@example.com as a PDF document.
Only selected Candidates will be contacted.
WCS is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Graduate Trainee/ Internship /siwes jobs
- Interns jobs