International Rescue Committee’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Senior Manager HERON
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : April 15, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Reference No.: req14089
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
- Health Resilience of North East Nigeria (HeRoN) is a consortium project funded by Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), being implemented by IRC as the lead agency with other partners being AAH and SHF in Borno and Yobe states.
- The project is supporting delivery of quality integrated nutrition, primary healthcare, reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health services and improve evidence based decision making, accountability at all levels of service delivery.
- The consortium works alongside state and local government authorities building their capacity to effectively deliver quality integrated primary healthcare, reproductive, maternal, and newborn and child health and nutrition services.
Job Overview / Summary
- The Senior Manager will report to the Consortium Deputy Team Leader, she/he will be responsible for ensuring project alignment and quality of consortium partner interventions and coordinating the planning of activities under the HeRoN project at the LGA level. The focus will be geared towards service delivery of minimum packages of PHC and nutrition services in targeted health facilities as well as health system strengthening.
- The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring overall coherence in service delivery and health system delivery approaches and coordination of activities among all consortium members. The role requires health systems strengthening knowledge and related experience and good understanding of organizational approaches and understanding of working in a consortium led project.
- The post holder will be expected to provide technical support at the LGA level to all partners in planning, implementation, monitoring, quality assurance and innovating with best practices related to health system strengthening and service delivery.
- He/she will work collaboratively with Partners Project Implementation Teams, at the LGA level. He/she will be expected to communicate courteously on consortium performance and maintain positive relationships with program and support teams.
- Support the development, review, and implementation of HeRoN interventions on health systems strengthening at the LGA level.
- Ensure that the project utilizes standardized protocols, policies and guidelines of the State MoH, SPHCDAs and as outlined by the Federal Ministry of Health and WHO.
- Ensure that all project activities are consistent with established best practices.
- Promote the quality of the project activities by setting up quality assurance mechanisms and checks in collaboration with other staff and M&E staff.
- Closely work with State and LGA level health authorities to play an active coordination role.
- Work with partners to document lessons learned that have implications for refinement of best programmatic practice.
- In consultation with the HeRoN Coordination Manager and Sr. M&E Manager, organize lesson sharing events to fertilize learning across different partners.
- Together with the HeRoN Coordination Manager serve as the Consortium focal persons on technical issues at the LGA level.
- In collaboration with the Sr M&E Manager and HeRoN Coordination Manager, design Knowledge Management approaches that are intentional and innovative considering evidence generation and best practices.
- Support Sr. M&E Manager in project evaluations and surveys for the consortium.
- In coordination with the consortium partners, enhance primary stakeholder ownership of program via community participation and consultation and use of participatory approaches.
- Directly reports to the Consortium Deputy Team Leader, Will have close working relations with: Consortium implementing Managers, HeRoN Coordination Manager, Sr M&E Manager and Senior Grants and Partnership manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences directly related to the substantive area identified in the job description of the post.
- Master’s in Public Health is an added advantage.
- Not less than 3 years responsible professional experience in the substantive area, and a minimum of one year working in conflict affected areas.
- Demonstrable and proven experience in sexual and reproductive health, and Nutrition is essential.
- Health systems strengthening experience is an asset.
- A good knowledge of the prevailing policy frameworks is required.
- Knowledge and understanding on quality of care.
- Knowledge and experience in BCC development strategies and implementation
- Demonstrated ability to network within the humanitarian, early recovery, and development partners community.
- Familiarity and knowledge of primary healthcare including Nutrition, sexual and reproductive health programming with humanitarian and resilience angle – Experience in the humanitarian setting is an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to take initiative and independently respond to situations.
- Strong commitment to IRC’s mission, purpose, and values.
Standards for Professional Conduct:
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti- Retaliation.
- IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- IRC considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates Should Click here