About International Medical Corps’s Job offer
Job title : Fleet Officer
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : February 26, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Under the supervision of Supply Chain Coordinator, provide quality logistic support for all IMC project sites in Nigeria, work with other members of the logistics team to develop and implement efficient logistical support systems for IMC
- To work closely with Supply Chain Coordinator to ensure optimal utilization of vehicles & generators Assets in line with IMC standards of vehicle & generator management and accountability.
- To correctly implement established systems to regulate the use of vehicles, and generators. Plan/develop and execute a vehicle and equipment replacement schedule
- To ensure that all staff are aware of IMC rules and regulations for vehicle usage and that all drivers (IMC or contracted) are competent and conversant with IMC security guidelines.
- Work with the Security Advisor and logistic cluster partners on activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking vehicles.
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting of any accidents (minor and major) to Supply Chain Coordinator as per IMCs policies and procedures.
- To implement the vehicle and Generators Fueling and maintenance schedules and ensures that repairs are carried out as per the agreed standards for both IMC fleet & hired vehicles. Ensure accountability and cost effectiveness in Fuel management and report any abuse.
- Prepare monthly vehicle & generator running reports for the country and advice management accordingly. Prepare input for Key Performance Indicators.
- Responsible for Fleet vehicle insurance and Advice on disposal of vehicles
- Contribute to proper updating of asset register concerning fleet, and generators in the country.
- Monitor fleets’ performance, cost, efficiency, status and report according to Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Ensure proper legal registration at first stage & regular renewal for all IMC and Hired Vehicles.
- To manage staff under his/her supervision according to performance management principles and in line with IMC performance management and Contribute in recruitment of staff.
- Willingness to travel to project sites in country for technical advice, support and training.
- National Diploma in Mechanical / Automotive Engineering with a Minimum of 5 years work Experience or a Degree in Mechanical/Automotive Engineering Coupled with a Minimum of 3 years work Experience.
- Professional certificates desired. (Trade Certification)
- At least 3-year experience in logistics with a minimum two years managing a fleet within an NGO or International Organization.
- Commitment and demonstrated skills to build staff capacity in the areas of Fleet management, supervision and monitoring.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with analytic approach.
- Strong interpersonal, management and leadership skills. Experience in remote management.
- Ability to work in participatory manner with staff to assess needs, implement and monitor activities.
- Ability to integrate and work well within multiethnic and multicultural team.
- Some record of experience with donor (especially, OFDA, ECHO, DFID, BPRM, UN-Agencies specific procedures linked to fleet and transport management.
- Ability to work in harsh conditions, often in remote areas,
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- Fluent English Written and Spoken.
- Proactively conveying Fleet and Fuel management updates to the Supply Chain Coordinator and all relevant parties, anticipating any future risks, issues or key developments that the wider team should know;
- Share key project/local process messages with the logistics support staff, as well as proactively provide feedback to appropriate senior logistics personnel on behalf of the fleet team.
- Organize Fleet/Transport capacity building sessions for in-house trainings, mentoring and distant trainings via skype with the staff managing fleet directly in field offices;
- Provide guidance on career paths for staff when necessary through frequent capacity needs assessments of the staff (drivers)
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promotes PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- It is IMC’s shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse (SEA), Trafficking in Persons (TIP), Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report.
- The Fleet Officer must promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, he/she maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Due to the urgent need of the position applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications addressing it to “The Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Nigerian Nationals Only.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this *recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the reporting email address provided at the end of this document. International Medical Corps’ Reporting email address: [email protected]**. *lease do not submit your CV or application to the reporting email address, it will not be considered for review.***
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the Subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.