Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Internal Audit Manager
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : December 31, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Key Duties and Responsibilities of Internal Audit Manager
- The Internal Audit Manager will work to contribute to improving WEWE control processes, risk management, and governance.
- Maintain an integrated internal Audit system with up-to-date data from central and state offices for consolidation of information and reporting.
- Review and ensure implementation of appropriate systems and controls that provide, complete documentation and accurate reporting.
- Carry out pre and post-review of all financial expenditures.
- The Internal Auditor will review CBO’s monthly certified expenditure reports.
- Carry out internal control self-assessment on CBOs.
- Perform monthly review and evaluation of financial records/reports and bank reconciliation statements.
- Ensure WEWE and donor’s assets are safeguarded.
- Ensure that inventory record is up-to-date, complete, and accurate
- Assist the organization in carrying out risk identification and timely reporting to the appropriate authority with improvement recommendations.
- Timely investigate all cases of fraudulent practices and missing assets.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect the audit’s results and document the process
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow-up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding the sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques, and performance standards
- Periodically carry out Fraud Awareness and Preventing training for staff
Required Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in accounting or its recognized equivalent.
- Must be a Chartered Accountant e.g. a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) or ACCA Certification.
- At least 8 years post NYSC experience and 5 years of professional qualification experience in an audit firm with at least two years of NGO experience auditing NGOs working on International donor-funded projects.
- Working knowledge of USG rules and regulation
- Hands-on experience working with the eight statutory bodies NSITF, FIRS, State IRS (specially FCT State IRS), NHF, PENCOM, CAC, EFCC-SCUML, and Financial Reporting Council (FRC)
- Must be very strong in report writing i.e., evidence that they have led audit assignments and have been the ones writing the final audit report for their audit firm.
- Must have experience writing quarterly audit reports to the board
- Experience with word processing and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Excellent experience with financial systems and software i.e., quick books
Kindly Note: Applications will be on a rolling/reviewed on a first-come-first-served basis. WEWE reserves the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected. While WEWE thanks all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional references.
Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
ñWEWE is an equal opportunity employer, which promotes diversity and does not discriminate based on tribe, state of origin within Nigeria, religion, age, sex, race or on different physical abilityî.
ñWEWE’s organizational culture promotes the principles of safeguarding and high moral values. WEWE’s Safeguarding Policy 2022 promotes an environment where no staff, associates, volunteers, case workers, consultants, board members, and partners engage in a sexual relationship, harass, or exploit anyone under the age of 18 or vulnerable adult, especially our beneficiariesî.
ñWEWE’s organizational culture also has zero tolerance for corrupt practices. Therefore, for any of our job vacancies, we advise that applicants do not offer or accept any request for money, favors, or gifts from anyone to facilitate an employment opportunity with WEWE. Applicants found engaging in such practices could jeopardize their chances of being selected. If anyone contacts, you with such an offer please report this immediately to WEWE management on this WhatsApp line 09037811024î.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online
*Accounting / Financial Services jobs in Nigeria
*Accounting / Financial Services jobs in Abuja
*Internal Audit Manager in Abuja
- Salary Offer: *********